Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

sq 5900 sumo vs sq dymo str8 fit

Posted by: user294149 | Tue 25th May 2010 21:59 | Last Reply

Hey all,

Just looking for an opinion really what would you say out of the two drivers (Nike SUMO SQ 5900 / Nike SQ Dymo Str8 Fit) makes either one worth buying over the other? I love the design of the Dymo, but don't know anyone with either.

onlinegolf has them at £88 / £127 which are pretty good prices atm, and as my Big Bertha snapped last week I need a new one!!!

I get on very well with my mates TM R5, so that is another option.

Any advice welcomed.

re: sq 5900 sumo vs sq dymo str8 fit
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 25th May 2010 22:18

Try, try, try before you buy.  One man's meat is another man's poison.  I had the original round head sasquatch and absolutely loved it but haven't like any of the newer versions at all

re: sq 5900 sumo vs sq dymo str8 fit
user127691
Reply : Wed 26th May 2010 00:11

I have the SQ dymo str8 fit and it's a cheating stick, you really do have a bad swing if you cant hit it long and straight.

The str8 fit models have UST Mamiya AVIXcore shafts in and the standard models have a nike stock shaft other the heads are exactly the same.I much prefered the shaft in the str8 fit so paid the extra for it and it is probably worth the extra cash.

I wouldn't be drawn into paying the extra for the adjustable head I never adjust the head, seems like a waste of time to me i suppose on a really windy weekend I could take some loft off the face but that is the only time I would even think about tweaking it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top