Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Difficulty hitting with a wood whilst teeing off

Posted by: user303926 | Mon 24th May 2010 20:11 | Last Reply

Guys,

I can hit with a 3 iron avearge around 230-240 yards straight but have a mental block of hitting with my 460 cc driver.

On the driving range also hittng with a driver is very erratic but hitting with irons is no problem.

Any suggestion are welcome to try it out.

Cheers,

Paresh.

re: Difficulty hitting with a wood whilst teeing off
user52922
Reply : Mon 24th May 2010 20:16

With those yardages you have no need for a driver at all, throw it in the dustbin, Paresh.

user303926
Reply : Mon 24th May 2010 20:30

Thanks John for the suggestion.

As one who has started golf a year ago ,kindly share your valuable advise of how to  to break into two digit figures.

Of late getting irritated with figures in the 110 range.

user52922
Reply : Mon 24th May 2010 21:38

Advice on a forum is not worth diddly squat, Paresh, as any advice given will probably be misunderstood somewhere down the line.

I see you live in Hampshire, so if you really would like some help then drop me a PM to arrange a visit to my club, Sherfield Oaks, as my guest, where I will set you up correctly so that progress will be forthcoming more rapidly than you are at presently achieving.

user16106
Reply : Tue 25th May 2010 09:20

Paresh

Have just had a look at your stats and if you can hit 220+ yds regular with a 3 iron then your big problem is your short game. You seem to be taking 4-6 shots to get down from 150 yds. Is this correct?

It may be course management. I would look at the si of each hole and add if its 1-10 then use the extra shots you are given. IE a hard par 5 si 5 you get 2 pts for a 7. Play 4 shots to the green, then allow for 3 putts. you may do 2 or 1 putts then its 4 pts. this is not copping out or taking a backward step. It will get you on the road to hitting around the 100 mark fairly quickly. I would advise nothing longer than a 6 iron at first but if you are competant with your 3 iron thats fine.

Use your shots you are given thats what they are there for. As you get better you will loose them and in turn not be needing them.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user303926
Reply : Tue 25th May 2010 09:35

Thank you David.

You are spot on as far as my shortgame is concerned.

Well note your advice on the course management.

user303926
Reply : Wed 26th May 2010 12:30

Thanks Lee for the quick tip.

Cheers,

Paresh.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top