Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

MD Golf "Brassie" update

Posted by: user259247 | Sat 22nd May 2010 21:17 | Last Reply

Finally, after contacting MD golf by email, I found someone 20 miles away who stocked the Brassie and Spoon Fairwayfinders ( both technically 3 woods but brassie has a deeper face and 13dg loft, spoon is shallower and has 15dg loft). I have never been able to hit a driver properly and after reading excellent reviews on these clubs wanted to try them out.

Although the guy in the shop covered the whole club head in the thickest tape I have ever seen, I liked the quality and feel of both clubs, and so bought them. A large sign in the shop said "We dont bite so ask for a discount". I said "can I have a discount" and he knocked me £11 off!

Now to the nitty-gritty. . . . .went straight to our local 9 holer (am waiting for a knee op so cant do 18). 4 of the holes are over 200yds and both clubs were high, long , and straight. on the 198 yd 8th I hit the "brassie" and overshot the green. On the second time round I hit the less lofted "spoon" and again overshot the green.

These clubs are quality built and soooooooooo easy to hit. If you struggle, like me, with the driver then go and try the MD brassie.

re: MD Golf "Brassie" update
user52922
Reply : Sat 22nd May 2010 22:24

A brassie is a 2 wood and not a three wood, Phil. I used to own one fifty years ago, Mine was an Eric Brown.

user24437
Reply : Sun 23rd May 2010 00:22

I think it's a bit of a marketing ploy John, the clubs are very nearly identical to MD's 3 and 5's (including the lofts) but as Phil said the heads are very slightly bigger.  It appears that they are the same as my 2 year old woods as far as I can see (but different colour) but have changed their current 3 and 5's back to the smaller heads that they used to produce.  Top quality bits of kit though..

user52922
Reply : Sun 23rd May 2010 09:33

I only mentioned this becasue in days gone by a "brassie" was the term used for a 2 wood, so it appears MD have restored the old name and used it in marketing a very strong fairway wood.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top