Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My putter is broken

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 16th May 2010 10:38 | Last Reply

Now this isn't me making an excuse for poor putting, my putter is genuinely broken. 

I have an Odyssey Black Series, the blade version with the insert.  I've had it for about 18 months (Xmas pressie in 2008) and it's a great putter.  A couple of months ago I noticed what I thought was a scratch on the face of the insert; not a clue how I could have done it as there's the head cover is always on unless it's being used.  Then a week or so ago I noticed that this scratch has opened up into a crack.

I phoned American Golf where it was bought it and they have been really helpful.  Even though I didn't have the receipt, I gave them an approximate date it was bought and they found it on their system.  I took it back yesterday and they are going to call Odyssey UK on Monday morning then let me know what the next step is.  They expect Odyssey to want to see it and investigate the cause as they have never heard of a problem like this before.

So for now, I've got my old putter out, an Odyssey White Hot mallet head.  Be interesting to see if my putting improves with it!!!  Has anyone else had any problems like this or any dealings with Callaway?  Just interested to see if anyone has had any dealings with their customer service.  

re: My putter is broken
user52922
Reply : Sun 16th May 2010 10:51

I have never had the pleasure of dealing with the customer services departments of the well know club manufacurers for the simple reason that I never buy new clubs. Why waste good hard earned money on something that can be obtained secondhand at a fraction of the price.

Having said that, I am quite sure that the matter will be resolved to your satisfaction, Chris.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 3rd Jun 2010 16:23

UPDATE

Had a phone call from American Golf yesterday afternoon.  Odyssey had indeed wanted to see my putter and American Golf had duly sent it off to them.  Yesterday morning, a package arrived from Callaway UK at American Golf Shirley and inside was a shiny new putter for me.  No charge, not even postage. 

The total turnaround time for this has been less than three weeks and I have got to say I am more than happy with the service that I have been given.  There has been no quibble or question, even though the club was 18 months old, and I have been given a brand new putter.  I am happy to say "well done and thank you" to Callaway for the speed of service and the resolution.

I look forward to picking it up on Saturday

user52922
Reply : Thu 3rd Jun 2010 19:24

Great result, Chris.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 21st Jul 2010 15:31

Dan, your putter is beyond help.  How the hell you can get the ball to go in the right direction when the face is 15* open and the shaft changes direction 16 times between the head and the grip is beyond me

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top