Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Crown Golf or other memberships W.London

Posted by: user129599 | Fri 14th May 2010 21:01 | Last Reply

Hi Guys. Thinking about taking the plunge and actually joining a course. Can anyone recomend any courses in the vicinity of Slough area to West London?

Have been looking at crown golf but if I can find a course a bit nearer that is still relatively cheap I would consider that. I dont play enough to warrant paying a Big Membership. A friend of mine (who was a member of crown many years ago) was saying that with crown golf you can play each course 8 times in a year although the website kind of demonstrates its any course as a total of 8 times as in 8 individual courses the once. Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks in advance ;-)

P.S. Anyone going to Golf Live? Thanks to Darrens great offer recently I shall be there. Maybe see you guys around

re: Crown Golf or other memberships W.London
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 14th May 2010 21:44

I'm a member of Stapleford Abbotts GC which is a part of the Crown Golf network.

As far as I know you are allowed to play each golf course eight times a year, although there are a few near me so I've never reached anywhere near eight times at one course.

I've been to some Crown Golf courses and they have looked at my membership card but taken no details, so therefore no record of me playing there!

Russ

user52922
Reply : Fri 14th May 2010 22:54

Sunbury Golf Club is fairly near to you and is a Crown golf course. You are not even far away from popping down the M4 to Blue Mountain at Bracknell. Another Crown course.

user129599
Reply : Sat 15th May 2010 00:49

OK Thanks guys. My mate did say they never checked his membership properly when he went to another course so sounds a good deal really. From what I can see its only about £36 a month. Bargain I think.

Thanks again!!

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 15th May 2010 08:14

Hi Ben, they do say it is 8 times per year at each and every Crown course (apart from you're home one of course).

In reality, they dont really mind though so you should be fine. I am a member at Sherfield Oaks but definitely play more than 8 times per year at Blue Mountain (although not recently as the course is shockingly bad at the moment)!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top