Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

ping g5i craz-e putter

Posted by: user254657 | Fri 14th May 2010 10:12 | Last Reply

hi all, im thinking of buying a ping g5i craz-e putter to try and help balance the face of my putting. I have at the moment a bettinardi c04h blade style and the feel is amazing but my alignment goes a bit too the right on most occasions. i have done the ping web fit and put in my problems and specs and it has come back with the face balnced options of putters, the craze-e being the best choice, but in the newer models. I have tried the newer models and get on very well with them but i can have the earlier model the g5i in mint condition very cheap. My main concern is i havent tried one and im not sure about the old insert with todays softer balls like the pro v1. does anyone use one of these or have any reccomendations for this style of putter? many thanks shane.

re: ping g5i craz-e putter
user26342
Reply : Fri 14th May 2010 19:38

I myself have a 29" shaft.

Show off

user249845
Reply : Sat 15th May 2010 14:38

If you find that you need a shorter putter, is it simply a case of cutting the grip off, cutting the shaft down and fitting a new grip?

Would this significantly affect the balance and performance of the club? Or would you have to buy a new putter with the correct shaft length?

user52922
Reply : Sat 15th May 2010 22:28

I have played with many different putters over the years and I can quite honestly say that I have never considered whether or not I should either shorten or lengthen any of them.

I can immediately adapt to any putter placed in my hand and I certainly don't buy the theory(That is all it is - a theory) that a putter should be a determinate length to suit your style.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top