Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

An etiquette question please

Posted by: user259247 | Sun 9th May 2010 20:05 | Last Reply
<p class="MsoNormal">Couldn&rsquo;t play today as I am waiting for an op on my knee but so that my wife didn&rsquo;t miss out I agreed to drive her round the course in a buggy.</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">We were following another couple who were obviously man and wife and had caught them up by the second tee. We waited happily as he hit the rough and she hit it 30yds per shot up the fairway. My wife played her shot as and when she could. </p>  <p class="MsoNormal">After my wife had played the second I took the buggy towards the 3rd tee (which can&rsquo;t be seen from the 2nd green) and this couple stared at us as if the devil had appeared. They took several shots and eventually replaced the flag. My wife tee&rsquo;d off and parred the whole and we moved towards the fourth tee. Blokey had played into a fairway bunker and wifey was nearing her tee area. I stopped the buggy 20yds short and my wife and I quietly checked her card. </p>  <p class="MsoNormal">This is when the bloke walked towards us and I smiled and said &ldquo;Good Morning&rdquo;. He replied by saying that we were putting his wife under pressure by watching her take her shot (which we were not). She shouted from her tee that we were adding pressure.</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">For the next 5 holes they carried on with her hitting it 30yds and him waiting till the group in front were 300yds away then driving it 160yds into the rough.</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">Eventually at the 9th they went back to the 6th (who knows)</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">Was my wife in the wrong by playing her shots as soon as it was safe to do so AND if someone is playing slow are we not allowed to queue around the tee area. </p>
re: An etiquette question please
user52922
Reply : Sun 9th May 2010 20:48

Phil, your wife was not in the wrong at all in playing her shot as soon as the group in front were out of range.

It is normal when play is slow to find two groups waiting on a particular tee.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 9th May 2010 21:57

As soon as you think the group in front are out of range then you play your shot, you don't wait until they reach the green on a 400 yard par 4 before teeing off!

Why they didn't just let you play through I'll never know, but that's people nowadays!

Russ

user24437
Reply : Sun 9th May 2010 23:03

To be honest when I started reading the original post I thought it was a joke and was waiting for the punchline!

I'm sure we've all been on tees on busy days when there's been 2 or 3 groups waiting to go, it's just the way it works out sometimes.  She should have just let you through, something I've done in the passed (when I used to worry about these things) even if it meant letting two groups through.  Some people are just thoughtless I suppose..

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top