Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Membership Ideas in SE London/ North Kent

Posted by: user212273 | Fri 7th May 2010 00:01 | Last Reply

Evening chaps,

I'm desperate to build on a recent improvement in my game and join a club to get a 'proper' handicap and play somewhere I can call home. Unfortunately like a lot of people who work full time and have small children I just can't play enough (or will be allowed) to justify the £1000 fees and extra joining fees. 

Can anyone on here suggest any good membership schemes whether they are called associate, temporary or whatever that enables to be a member, have a handicap, play comps and have full access to the club even if it means having to pay the green fees on top? My nearest members courses are Royal Blackheath, Shooters Hill and Sundridge Park. 

I'm unlikely to play much more than 15-20 times a season on a home course although will probably manage another half dozen rounds with golf days and one weekend a year away with the boys.

Thanks in advance  

re: Membership Ideas in SE London/ North Kent
user16163
Reply : Fri 7th May 2010 07:37

very distant memories eh santo 

user52922
Reply : Fri 7th May 2010 08:36

Chris, may I suggest a cracking little course near you and relatively cheap for London.

http://www.glendale-golf.com/course-7-beckenham-place-fees.aspx

user212273
Reply : Fri 7th May 2010 09:08

Yes I know Beckenham very well and I do like it as a nice little course but being a London Muni its a bit scruffy and suffers a bit with poor tees, terrible bunkers and inconsistent greens. A few yardage markers wouldn't go amiss either.

I hate to sound snobby but I wouldn't want to be a member somewhere that lets you play in jeans and tracksuits?

Best option I've found so far is Pedham Place in Swanley which is a good course, decent length, interesting holes and drains well. They do an Silver Membership for £99 which gets you a handicap and access to some comps and then you pay the green fees on top.

Downsides are the slightly longer than ideal distance to drive, the overhead pylons buzzing over the car park, no natural break in the course if you don't fancy playing 18 and a yet to be constructed clubhouse.

Problem is I'm looking for the perfect solution and it probably isn't out there.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top