Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Does anyone use MD Golf's Brassie or Spoonie ?

Posted by: user259247 | Thu 6th May 2010 16:39 | Last Reply

Have been looking at them because I am hopeless with a driver. They seem to get good reviews and I just wondered if anyone had any experience with them

re: Does anyone use MD Golf's Brassie or Spoonie ?
user24437
Reply : Thu 6th May 2010 17:01

Not much difference between those and the standard 3 & 5 woods as far as I can make out Phil.  I've got the previous years models (3 & 5 wood), bog standard Proforce 65 stiff shafts and I love them, and for about £60 for both (off e-bay) a bargain as well.  Also use the driver from the same series but have had it fitted with a Prolaunch Blue shaft.

They aren't a big name, they don't sponsor tour players, they're assembled in Northern Ireland and they're cheap and always get great reviews (albeit in the 'budget' classes) which may put some people off, but I'd swear by their kit. (Have got an older 3 wood, a square head driver, a rescue and a spin milled wedge).  

user24437
Reply : Thu 6th May 2010 22:56

I'll get back to you tmorrow when I've soberd up a bit Phil

user24437
Reply : Fri 7th May 2010 14:10

Phil

the lofts are 13 and 15 degrees for both types and the only difference I can see (just been up the local stockists) is that the 3 & 5's do appear to have ever-so slightly smaller heads, but the difference is very small.  It's a bit like the difference between my old superstrong 3 and my newer one, I wouldn't have thought it would give any advantages in terms of distance other than a bigger head may give you more confidence.  Both types are the same price so it's down to which one you prefer hitting.

If you're struggling with your driver, have a look at this video and give it a try....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnopJFvTa3Q&feature=player_embedded#!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top