Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Putting letting me down BIG TIME

Posted by: user89993 | Thu 6th May 2010 11:09 | Last Reply

I am having a really tuff time with my putts. I used to be able to hole single putts and max 2 when my putting really improved. However, my last few rounds have been dread full with the dreaded three or four putts.

Should I have some lessons, as this is the only area I have not had any.

On anther note when practicing on the range or the practice green, I feel I have control of the ball. WHY WHY WHY when on the course it goes all over the shot

Last edit : Thu 6th May 2010 11:15
re: Putting letting me down BIG TIME
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 6th May 2010 14:26

Hi jagdeep, a lesson should definitely help. Putting is the most overlooked part of the game and an area where most people can make so many savings!!

re: Putting letting me down BIG TIME
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 6th May 2010 16:14

Hi Jagdeep.

Where are you playing?

Putting is very much based on confidence, so a few bad experiences and you are looking for faults that are not actually there.

At this time of year the grass on the Greens is only just starting to get into its growing season and the surfaces can be different from Green to Green. A few 3putts and you start thinking YOU are at fault. I find having two putters and keep swopping them during early season can help your confidence. You blame the Putter, not the guy holding it.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top