Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help with driver...

Posted by: user276830 | Tue 4th May 2010 13:04 | Last Reply

Hi guys,

My game has been improving solidly over the past 6 months and recently my iron and hybrid shooting has been outstanding (for me) and my pre-shot routine has been nailed down. I've got to the point now where I'd be confident of hitting the green from anywhere up to about 170 yards out, and I can be confident enough of getting within 10 foot from inside 100 yards.

(I was out last Sunday morning with my Father-in-law at a 9 hole par 3 practice course, the longest hole there is about 130 yards. I took my 7iron, pitching wegde, 60 degree lob, and putter. I scored a 25.)

With the tweaking of my swing over the past while, my driver shots off the tee have suffered badly. My driver (Reg flex shaft, 460cc head) feels awkward and clunky to me now. I'm at a loss, because I used to be able to get 225yards off a 190/200yard carry with my driver. 

Should be driver swing be different from my high hybrids or long irons?  

Is it common for swing improvements for some clubs to translate into deprovement in others?

I'm dreading my opening tee shot at the big course this thursday.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top