Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Today's Round

Posted by: user250721 | Sat 1st May 2010 22:13 | Last Reply

Just wanted to share a few things from today with you.

Played at The Essex (Near Colchester) and found it to be a really well kept course!
Its only the 3rd time I have beenb round 18 holes......really enjoyed it and can see improvment in my game already. Went round in 114 shots........however I had a nightmare on the 12th and 13th which took 20 shots ;-( (bloody water)

There were a couple of good points......a few pars, sunk a nice 20ft on the 18th and watch my ball hit the flag from 125 yards landing literally CM's from the hole!

All in all really enjoying the game and cant wait until I get out next time!

re: Today's Round
user41897
Reply : Sun 2nd May 2010 18:16

Is was - like many high handicappers find - a good round apart from the 3 or 4 horror holes. 49 out was great.  When the consistency comes the handicap wil drop.

I've not played the Essex as yet - always seems a bit awkward to get to.  I'm working at Abberton Reservoir at the mo and hoping to get some twilights in at 5 lakes and round about.

Where do you live / work?  You are obviously somewhere near.  Maybe we could get a twilight in sometime....

Andy K

re: Today's Round
user250721
Reply : Sun 2nd May 2010 18:31

Hi Andy

I live in Haverhill so not too far.

I've had a look at 5 lakes..never been round, I understand there is 2 courses but 1 is not too great!

There is also Clare Park which is a very nice 9 hole which if you have a couple of hours is well worth tryinbg out!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top