Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Attending your first event

Posted by: user270701 | Wed 28th Apr 2010 23:34 | Last Reply

I am really thinking of trying to get to an event with golfshake. I am quite an easy going person and get on with most people. Was just wanting to know what everyone thought of there first event, How they got on with everyone, felt welcome, felt intimadated or any other feelings that came to mind. Did you feel like an outsider or was it just like going for round with bunch of mates.

re: Attending your first event
user24437
Reply : Thu 29th Apr 2010 00:29

Andrew, do it, you won't regret it.  I've done virtually every event that Golfshake has had and have got to meet some great people.  OK, the first event I played in was my first ever competition so was a bit nerve wracking, new course, new people, but not only has it improved my game but also opened the doors to playing at all sorts of top class courses.  It has seen me going from a casual player at two or three local courses to playing at championship tracks all over the country and Portugal, all with fellow golfshakers.  In fact there are few areas of the country where I couldn't get a game with someone I know through the site.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Apr 2010 06:36

Try to make your first event a four ball.

This will make it easy to arrange and you'll get to play golf with everyone who turns up.

Arrange your first game on your home course, this will mean you know the course well and you will also know where everything is. 

Once you are happy with this then move onto more players

I have arrange small and medium sized games (upto twenty people) and they are no problem once you get used to them.

For my medium sized events I take my laptop with me to enter all the scores onto it, saves sitting there working everything out while everyone is waiting!

Go on give it a try and good luck.

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Apr 2010 21:09

Wayne, sorry didn't read the post correctly!!!

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top