Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

First Hole In One & Eagle

Posted by: user295163 | Sat 24th Apr 2010 17:47 | Last Reply

Just had my first hole in one this afternoon on the par 3 16th at North Middlesex. I hit a crisp 9 iron that we saw bounce but due to the fact that the lip of the bunker obscures the hole, we couldn't see it from the Tee. As we progressed towards the green it became apparent it was in the hole so the celebrations themselves were a bit subdued, i would have loved to have seen it drop in. The ball landed 12 inches past the hole and bounced back in.

Unfortunately as it wasn't a medal my name doesn't go on the gold letter board in the 19th...

re: First Hole In One & Eagle
user52922
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 18:11

I doubt that after seeing it bounce that the pitchmark 12 inches beyond the cup was yours. Balls do not spin back on the first bounce.

Congratulations nevertheless.

Last edit : Sat 24th Apr 2010 18:12
user295163
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 19:10

Thanks John.

It was a pretty deep pitch mark so near to the hole, i doubt more so that no one would have repaired it in the groups in front. Maybe it bounced forward and then spun back.

user52922
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 19:17

If that was indeed the case, Russ, then you are an extremely talented striker with abilities far in advance of your handicap.

I know the course well as I used to play there quite a lot, with the pro from BUsh Hill Park G,C. George Low, when I lived in Wood Green.

Last edit : Sat 24th Apr 2010 22:51
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 20:40

Congratulations on your first hole in one, must be a great feeling to know that the ball has gone in the hole but what a shame you couldn't see it going in

Russ

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 21:29

Congratulations Russ.  I'm completely envious.  It's a real shame you didn't see it drop, but it's surprising how many people I know who have had a hole-in-one and not actually seen it drop. 

How it went in and how it got there is totally irrelevant, enjoy the feeling and save the ball for all eternity!

user23840
Reply : Tue 27th Apr 2010 22:35

Crongrats Russ.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top