Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

I've bought the ugliest putter in the world

Posted by: user259181 | Sat 24th Apr 2010 16:11 | Last Reply

I've been using an old brass blade MacGregor putter, which whilst is not giving the best results(more to do with my ability I'm sure) I really like the feel/weight and look of. The only thing which I find problematic is that if I'm not concentrating it is very easy to mis-direct.

Yesterday after some practice I put my bag in my boot and on closing my boot I didn't notice that the putter was sitting on the boot latch and I closed the boot down on it and heavily 'scratched' the face.

So today I went to my pro-shop and spent 3 hours trying out loads of putters on the putting surface and par 3 short course. The putter I picked is probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen....but I could not argue with the results.....my second choice would have been the other model of the same putter line.

prepare to be sick in your mouth

re: I've bought the ugliest putter in the world
user52922
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 16:24

Good choice, Lewis, Odyssey make very nice putters, although having witnessed your putting first hand I would say that the problem was your feel for weight. I myself use the conventional 2 ball by Odyssey.

user41897
Reply : Sat 24th Apr 2010 19:25

I've seen plenty uglier than that Lewis though the back hosel location isn't to my taste.

Hope it works for you. 

user24437
Reply : Sun 25th Apr 2010 23:59

Certainly not the ugliest piece of kit I've ever seen Lewis.  Just seems odd putting the C of G and shaft so far away from the striking face, but if it works for you stick with it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top