Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Bounce

Posted by: user295163 | Sun 18th Apr 2010 08:42 | Last Reply

Hi All,

First post on this forum, have been reading a few weeks now. Tips and advice makes for interesting reading.

I am sure this question has been asked a thousand times already but i have difficulty understanding what bounce i would require from my wedges. Currently i have a PW & SW that came with my Wilson Staff Di9's but i really want to get a set of 4 (PW GW SW & LW) Cleveland CG15 wedges. The best prices i have seen are internet based and there appears to be a few different bounce options and was wondering what everybody else thinks. I was under the impression that a higher bounce would be better for bunker shots but its not that important for fairway/greenside/rough? I currently use my SW for pretty much all my chipping and short range pitching and i have no idea what bounce that has i cant seem to find the info on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

re: Bounce
user77012
Reply : Sun 18th Apr 2010 09:07

Russ this would be my rec' for  bounce on the CG's, You want as much help as you can get on the SW so i have gone for max bounce , my preference is low bounce on the lob wedge's ,but if you need more confidence aim for a bit more bounce. Hope this helps.

Loft  Bounce

48   8     1 dot

52  10  2 dot

56  16  3 dot

60   8   1 dot

Your current SW  (wilson) has 12* bounce minimum. 

Last edit : Sun 18th Apr 2010 09:09
re: Bounce
user295163
Reply : Mon 19th Apr 2010 20:58

Thanks for your reply and recommendations Dave and the info reference the bounce on my current SW. Looking forward to getting some good wedges which should go some way to sharpening up my short game.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top