Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Its a funny old game Saint!

Posted by: user266147 | Fri 16th Apr 2010 17:39 | Last Reply

Played this morning at my 'home' club, but there was a bit of a match on behind me and it was stacking up in front so gave up after 9 holes with a terrible score of 56.

On the way home I decided to go to a local course that I knew would be quiet and got 18 holes in, with a PB of 91.

How does that work out? The course I hit 91 on is a bit more forgiving, but same day, same game.

Not that I'm going to knock it, its giving me hope that I can get below 90 at some point this year!!

re: Its a funny old game Saint!
user40826
Reply : Sat 17th Apr 2010 16:24

This game can work both ways - she's mean.  You can shoot your lowest score on a Friday and shoot your worst on a Saturday without consciously changing a thing.

user217280
Reply : Mon 19th Apr 2010 15:45

Matt your right it is a funny old game, I played last Sunday, stricking the ball lovely, 2 under gross at the 13 hit a lovely tee shot, middle of the fairway, only a wedge into the green, set up as I had been all day, back swing felt right... shanked it straight out of bounds. Where did that shot come from? Dropped another ball put it 2 feet from the flag, stupid game. 

user217280
Reply : Tue 20th Apr 2010 09:51

Your probably right Wayne, I was more than likely thinking about another birdie, and not on executing a good swing. tends to be a bit of a problem at the moment, keeping my concentration, had a number of good under par rounds going that have ended up level or a couple over mainly due to loosing concentration. need to work on staying in the moment.    

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top