Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Advice sought for new clubs for a Junior golfer

Posted by: user251393 | Fri 16th Apr 2010 13:51 | Last Reply

Hi, my son is 12 and plays with a set of Callaway XJ Junior clubs, which have served him well for 2 years. However it won't be long now before he is too tall to use them properly (he's 5ft 2in), and I am looking for advice as to where to go next for him.

It  has been suggested to me that he should get a ladies set as the shafts will be a bit shorter, I'm also concerned that he will not be able to swing a man's club properly just yet.

Would be grateful for any good advice I can get, thanks. 

re: Advice sought for new clubs for a Junior golfer
user69191
Reply : Sat 17th Apr 2010 17:22

He's not far off adult clubs sizes Craig. My lad has just turned 11 and I got him a set of standard adult clubs, MD superstrong game improver irons, odyssey putter, a hybrid and a driver. They are a bit long for him but it took him no time at all to start hitting them well. There seems to be no inbetween and as he's growing up fast I wasn't going to get the shafts cut down. He grips down a bit though.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top