Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Forgan golf clubs??

Posted by: user101168 | Tue 13th Apr 2010 10:03 | Last Reply

I was just surfing the net recently looking for a good place to go and get some Irons custom fitted in the North West of England, and a site came up with Forgan.co.uk.

Has anyone come accross Forgan Irons or clubs, just wondering cos I have not heard of these before even tho they say they have been around since th 1800's.

re: Forgan golf clubs??
user52922
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 10:47

Indeed they were the oldest club manufacturer in the world, but the business declined opnly for the name to be restored to manufacturing in 1988, I believe.

Of course they are probably outsourcing the manufacture of the heads in China and just assembling in Scotland, although I may be wrong on this.

As far as I can see there is no  difference between any of the stuff available on the market at the present time. A £120 driver will do just the same job as a £200 one.

If one is serious about the game then I'm afraid only the japanese make clubs of any quality in my opinion.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 14:05

Without seeming to "threadjerk" there are a few names that have almost vanished.

How many of you older guys remember the following:-

Swilken of St Andrews

St Andrews Golf Company

Robert Bryant Golf Bags

George Nichol clubs

They go along side Ben Sayers and John Letters as British Golf Companies.

TheLyth

user52922
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 14:33

Of course I remember all those names, Lyth, and I always felt that Bryant golf bags were the best design on the market and would sell well today.

user565751
Reply : Mon 16th Jun 2014 06:18

I just bought a set of Forgan IWD2 irons and they are smooth. A very well balanced iron. I got the 4-SW with the upgraded TT r300 shafts +1/2". That's the cool thing is the complete customizable web site. They are my current gamers as I replaced my old TM Burner Plus set. These are comparable to the Mizuno JPX EZ set in looks, feel and accuracy. With the upgrades I ended up paying 499 US dollars due to the GP multi compound grips and tt shafts. It's got the shiny black finish with wjite score pines and lettering. The just jumps off the face of these irons and it feels like your hitting a plastic practice ball. The sweet spot is about the size of a silver dollar. You guys need to at least demo these but you ne sorry if you decide to pull the trigger.

Last edit : Mon 16th Jun 2014 06:18

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top