Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

BIG Thank you (NvS)

Posted by: user10367 | Mon 12th Apr 2010 19:54 | Last Reply

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone I met this weekend at the North v South.

Brilliant atmosphere and friendly banter, barring one incident, all in all a great event, I was priviliged to have been in such great company with both teams..

re: BIG Thank you (NvS)
user25349
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 20:27

Well said.. A great day and well organised as per usual!

user202373
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 20:55

exellent weekend met loads of top people and looking forward to next year thankyou darren for all hard work.

user131525
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 21:22

Must agree, had a great time.  Had a very tight match against Lee and Jim, played in the right spirit.  Thanks lads and to everyone else.

user41897
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 21:35

Echo those comments. The NvS just gets better and better and this was defo the best yet. Great company and a comp played in the best of spirits.  In the end it didn't really matter who won (not) but the main thing was that we all had a great time.I thought the hotel and food pretty good and enjoyed playing the course despite it needing a little tlc in places.

I can honestly say it was my most enjoyable round of the last couple of years. Great company in Marc Flattley-Davies and Chris Salter and my playing partner - Mr Gtour - Colin Astbury.

Where can I sign up for next year? 

user41897
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 21:45

I should also say Sundays game with Lewis Gladstone-Buchanan, Jim Dorrington and John Pettitt. was equally enjoyable.  My form was less good on Sunday but twas a fun game anyhow - bunkers notwithstanding - and I particularly liked my Driver off the fairway on the 16th even if it did end up in the trees.  Thxs guys.

Last edit : Mon 12th Apr 2010 21:46
user9368
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 22:07

I second everybodies comments, A very deserved win for the North. Starting all the groups off I saw right of the first tee that the North were strong this year.

Thoroughly enjoyed my round against Mark and Chris and regardless of how much Mark talks (and god does he talk) can honestly say one of the most enjoyable rounds I have ever played.

Thanks also to Wayne for a thoroughly enoyable round on Sunday, as always so much fun and obviously i was delighted to take the win on the 18th (like stealing sweets from a baby)  

Hundreds apon hundreds of photos can be found here 

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/gforceevents

Check back if you cant see them they will take a few hours to upload or you can find a direct link to the gallery via the Gtour home page at www.gtour.co.uk as they are in the same gallery

Thanks to Darren for another fantastic event

Colin

user114464
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 22:09

Cheers to everyone for a great couple of days and thanks to my opponents today Andrew Guyton & Ben Thomas, it was a cracking game which i thoroughly enjoyed and could so easily have gone the other way it was that close throughout.

Cheers also to Tony, Jude & John for a real 'entertaining' round on sunday, some great golf and even better banter!!

user115085
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 22:28

Thanks to all involved. First time Iv'e ever been in the top three (Sunday) which was nice. Big Thanks to Paul Sherwin for carrying us through today (think I only made any real contribution to the score on 2 or 3 holes) and unlucky Robin on the 17th (8th) !

............I definitely will not be staying up so late on the sunday night next year!

Last edit : Mon 12th Apr 2010 22:49
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 08:08

Lewis not a hanging hole.  Should be a small gold tube/stick in box.  Unscrew the end and this then attaches and rescrews through the hole.  It then becomes a stand

Glad you all enjoyed, was a cracking 2 days and Sunday evening and even the weather held out for us all!

user209804
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 08:11

My first - A wonderful 2 days - Like Wayne - Good fun and great company - Look forward to future competitions

user83900
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 09:43

A total and utter waste of 2 days, had a terrible time.  Stupid game.  I would say well done to the North but I wouldn't mean it.  Sore loser anyone??

user83900
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 11:06

(Just to clarify my above post was totally tongue-in-cheek)  It was my second NvS and was equally as impressed this time with the great organisation and good spirited rivalry.  Very well done to the North team - well played!!!!  Couldn't have asked for a better pairing on Sunday, highly competitive but highly friendly, well done Neil & James you deserved to edge it.  Lee, we will fight back next year amigo!!

Thanks to John/Andy/Lewis for an equally enjoyable Sunday round, and thanks Golfshake for everything that you do!!

Well done again to the North, we'll be back to get you next year!

user21872
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 13:27

I was really impressed by the event organisation this year in particular. I think the Abbey will prove a good venue.

A shame we 'southerners' couldn't retain the trophy but at least Stuart and I keep the honour for another year. Thank you to Graham and James for making it such an enjoyable match and I am still in awe of the wedge shot Graham played on the 14th.

Hope not too many of you were stuck on the M42 for as long as I was on the way back.

user118394
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 16:55

thanks to the organisers for putting on another cracking event

also a big thanks to my partner james and opponents lee and jim for a cracking matchplay match.never lost in doubles matchplay but that is the closest i have been !!!!!!!!

anytime you 2 are up yorkshire give me a shout and i will take you for a round at my course

cheers

user79118
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 17:47

Brilliant couple of days topped off with a win for the North. Good to put some more faces to the names you see on here. Excellently organised by Darren and his team and I for one echo the comments made by others in that it could be the venue to be used each year as long as they sort them greens out!!!!!!!! Great company on Sunday with Darren Atkinson and Jodi Wood. Not laughed like that during a round of golf in my life. Great company on Monday in our match with Colin Astbury and Andy Kenyon who gave us a thoroughly enjoyable day and a very close match which could have gone either way. Absolute pleasure to play with these four guys over the two days, just a pity I was stuck with Marc for both of them. My ears are still ringing. Only kidding Marc. Well done to everyone who was there this year, winners and seconds because there were no losers there this year as you all helped to make it a fantastic weekend. CHEERS.

user202373
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 19:44

yes i have to agree with chris, darren( jeremy ), jodi,colin and andy top blokes we had a great laugh pleasure to play golf with all of you ,i hope ya ears are all ringing till next year so we can muller you all again ),

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 20:27

Thanks to Darren and the team for another well organised event with great weather to boot.

Thanks to Robin, Chris and James fo the good company on Sunday

Thanks to Martin and Dave for putting the time and effort in to captain the teams.  There were some very strong pairings for both sides out there and the draw threw up some fantastic matches.

Thanks to Team Marshall for a great, close and very competitive match on Monday.  You made us work extremely hard for a narrow win and I honestly think a halved match would've been a fair result.  We were getting nervous towards the end!

And finally, I have to say a big thank you to my golfing partner Adam for carrying me round for most of the match and then stepping aside to let me drop the glory putt to win the match.  That's teamwork!!!

user24437
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 22:01

Yes Darren, brilliant event, great venue and great weather.  It was really good to meet up with some old faces and some newbies, most of whom I talked to were blown away by the atmosphere.  Overall there was a real sense of camaraderie.

Thanks to all 6 guys I played with over the weekend,  Paul, Simon, Darren, Martin, Kevin and Dave, especially the latter in the matchplay who tought me a huge amount about matchplay tactics, although it was one of the quietest games I've ever played with quite a bit of whispering and mind games!

I just loved the buzz of getting my first tee shot away so well in front of 80 or so spectators (a first probably!) - just glad they didn't get to see my second, a worm burning shank with a wedge!

I'd also like to endorse the recent 'how to hit a drive properly' video that appeared earlier on the site, which not only saw me leading the longest drive comp on Sunday for a while, but also a genuine, GPS verified 269yd drive on the 17th on Monday, albeit a provisional (which turned out to have cleared the lake on the left at a mere 240yd ish!).

user131525
Reply : Tue 13th Apr 2010 22:26

@Jim

I said to Neil on the second hole that the shot I got on the 17th could be crucial and so it proved.  That was the only thing that separated Neil and I from you and Lee.  I don't think any of us played particularly well, but that led to a cracking match, played throughout in the right spirit.  I haven't checked the card but I think we must have led 4 times and each time got pegged back.  I stil can't really work out how Neil and I both lost balls in the middle of the fairway on the 14th!

I must also mention your wedge to 6 inches on the third - you nearly had a big bar bill!

Thanks again for a great match.

Last edit : Tue 13th Apr 2010 22:26
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Apr 2010 15:25

It's great to see all these comments, glad everybody had a great weekend.

It was my first N v S all loved every minute of it.

My partner Chris, I've read your comments, I didn't carry you at all, we both put in as much as each other for our victory, well done pal, it was a hard game but we got there in the end.

David and James played excellent all day, and I wasn't surprised to hear that was their first loss, they are a great team and excellent company. Hoping to play with them again soon.

Well done to the North, but all in all great banter from both teams, hope to see you all next year!

user14225
Reply : Wed 14th Apr 2010 17:02

just wanted to say thanks for a great day. much fun was had by all....cheers

user48341
Reply : Wed 14th Apr 2010 19:37

Many thanks - firstly to Darren for organising such a successful weekend, and to all of my playing partners - Capt North & the "one-handed man" on Sunday - and to Craig P, Chris & Dean for making our battle on Monday such a friendly and exciting one.

Good to see such a great turnout.

Looking forward to doing it all again soon.

Cheers

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top