Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Personal Golf Trainer

Posted by: user266147 | Fri 9th Apr 2010 13:45 | Last Reply

Had an email from Golfshake this morning about the above 'game' on the wii and after looking at some of the videos on the net related to the product I think I'm going to invest in one. Has anyone used one of these before? I dont really want to shell out for it unless its something I can use regular. I had a session on a simulator a few eeks ago which I was really impressed with and this seems to give the same kind of feedback.

re: My Personal Golf Trainer
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 9th Apr 2010 14:01

Info here for anyone not opting for promotional emails from Golfshake.  We will also have a copy to demo at the North vs South on Sunday evening.

It's surprisngly accurate and picks up swing faults etc, it's also pretty good just to have the leaderbetter instruction/video.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1529/A_Lifetime_of_Golf_Lessons_from_Leadbetter.html

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 10th Apr 2010 09:33

Great idea but not at £99!!!!

Maybe I'll wait until it comes down to a more realistic price.

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 11th Apr 2010 19:23

I've looked at the ad and I'm pretty sure that you have to have the Wii Fit and a MotionPlus controller before you purchase this!

What I cannot understand is that I've been on the driving range on the Wii Sports Plus (I think!) and it's very hard to swing the Wii remote similar to a normal golf club.

Now if they produced a holder that took the motion plus controller and allowed you to hold it like a normal golf club then I could see it being much better.

But even then, £99 is a lot of money for what is basically a game.

Russ

user23840
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 17:21

I've got it and I think it's a great bit of kit. We all ready had a wii board and motion plus so not such a massive outlay. Not really a game as such, more a training aid. As for griping the wii remote, with hands like mine not such a problem, but if you have small hands then it will be a struggle.

user275561
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 20:13

Mine is on its way in the post.  Will feedback once we've all had a play (me, the wife and the 5yr old twins).  I also have a 'swing ring' (ooeer missus - just search on Youtube) and will be setting them both up to keep my eye in this summer, come rain or shine.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top