Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Where's Gary ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 8th Apr 2010 21:12 | Last Reply

I know there was a lot of comments last year about sports players becoming presenters but didn't hear anything to say he had been dropped.

Anyone know any more ?

re: Where's Gary ?
user77012
Reply : Thu 8th Apr 2010 22:16

Darren, don't know and don't care just glad he's gone useless golf commentator.

user231725
Reply : Fri 9th Apr 2010 09:05

Apparently, our dear Gary has had to relinquish his golfing duties so that he can concentrate on the World Cup.

Considering the fact that he gets nearly £2M a year from the BBC you would think that he would be able to concentrate on both.  Mind you, he's probably too busy counting his money!!!

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 9th Apr 2010 11:43

Hazels doing the Golf now.

I hope the BEEB can get more of their own coverage over the week-end.

Watson T2 one putt, Westwood T2 one putt + Tee-shot at 12, hours after he finished and KIM T7 nothing! Yet Tigers every shot from the 8th. Is it The Masters or The Tiger Woods Show?

TheLyth

user99350
Reply : Fri 9th Apr 2010 14:07

Yes Lyth, given the choice I'd much rather watch the English format, Peter Alliss and Sam Torrance (when he's not going on about how much of a lovely man everyone is) are decent commentators but I'd like to see more of Ken Brown and his little features. I can't do with American format if it's not live primarily because they always show the shots that go in the hole so there's no point in watching.

As for presenters who cares? they just waffle on asking bloody stupid questions like 'what do you expect from this week?'' or repeating the same old thing 'til the golf is ready. Sorry it's turning into a rant but it's symptomatic of the time wasting bilge we get on tv...I mean, on the news, why do they tell the tale and then go over to Downing Street to speak to someone else who adds nothing to what has already been said. Do they ethink that Gordon Brown'll come come out and say, listen what I said earlier was bollocks.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 9th Apr 2010 14:28

What got me was you saw Tiger hit it into 8ft in two on the par 5, 8th. You then saw him miss a putt from 8ft and are told that he did eagle the 8th. What was that?

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top