Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

When the shop dude is nice to me

Posted by: user238532 | Tue 6th Apr 2010 20:17 | Last Reply

Hi all, sorry sorry sorry for sticking this in here, but however I feel the need and so therefore I shall.....

So. I'm rubbish at golf. I'm taking lessons to remedy this (or at least give me an idea). The outcome is already proving to be promising.

I have recently given up smoking and due to a move further south than a rock climber would normally like I have also given up that sport and have sold my kit (boo hoo). I have decided to concentrate on the golf.

When my lessons are complete and I tell my Jedi master (Yes he really is that good) I have money for new clubs do I.....

Buy beginner clubs that will give instant confidence but mean I have to buy again in the not to distant future (Positive mental attitude, you could pick up a tip here guys).

Or get some more focused clubs that although I will be rubbish on at first I can "grow into" as I develop as a person golfer (thanks Oprah). Then I can whoop all your skinny electric cart butts (Just jealous). My thinking here is I am rubbish anyway so whats another 6 months...

my current clubs are spiders (I have no idea and have found no info on them at all), have steel shafts a cavity that you could quite happily camp in on your Everest assent along with your sherpa and a passing Lama. I like my Irons. My woods and driver are the ever illustrious Dunlop £5.00 specials to make my bag look fuller. Otherwise I would have already broken them accidently (of course).

My budget would be no more than £800 for irons and the big long sticks that whack the ball along the ground 10' past the ladies tee (On a good day).

I thank you for not banning me for being rubbish and bow down and thank you for your MANY answers

re: When the shop dude is nice to me
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 21:06

There would be nothing wrong with you buying some 'Game improver' clubs.

These should last you quite a while unless you suddenly get really good.

Once you are happy with your swing and can repeat it then get yourself custom fitted for the clubs, it's normally free when you buy your clubs.

Russ

user77012
Reply : Wed 7th Apr 2010 20:14

All on beer and Hookers gets my vote !

Reply : Wed 7th Apr 2010 20:17

I'm with Dave on this, forget golf and go with the beer and hookers, do it in that order and the hookers will last a bit longer!!!!

Russ

Reply : Wed 7th Apr 2010 21:10

Works out good all round then!   

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top