Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How often do you change to a New Glove!!!

Posted by: user10367 | Tue 6th Apr 2010 14:38 | Last Reply

Thought I would create a seperate post for this as there were a few comments from a previous post (cleaning grips)

I personally change to a new glove after 4 rounds, I also wear the finest Cabretta leather ones, which aren't cheap but you can get deals by buying in bulk (which i tend to do).

Not because i'm posing but because I get the feel I want.

How often do you change yours.???

re: How often do you change to a New Glove!!!
user52922
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 14:41

Gloves are a new thing to me as I did not start using them until I started playing again three years ago, before then I had never worn one and the reason was when I first started playing golf gloves were very expensive in relation to everything else and I decided to forego buying them and I never looked back or felt that I needed a glove.

But then, having always played clubs with tour wraps as grips, a glove is not essential to get a good grip.

Last edit : Tue 6th Apr 2010 22:23
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 14:46

Wayne,

To add another slant on your question. What colour? I find that a white glove gives more comfort but doesn't last as long. Anyone else find this?

To answer the original question, I use a new glove in each Comp and have about six on the go for social golf.

TheLyth

Last edit : Tue 6th Apr 2010 14:47
user52922
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 15:05

Can I have your old one then, Wayne.

user50354
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 16:56

I usually get a glove for xmas and start wearing it March/April time and then throw it out March/April time when I get a new glove for xmas...

user24437
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 17:12

I changed to cabrettas when my neighbour gave me a couple he won in a comp at his club (like John he has never  used one).  Before that I used wethersofts and they lasted ages, but now I get through one every 4 or 5 rounds before they're ripped to shreds.  Worth it though because they are so comfy.

user79118
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 18:31

Wayne, I was thinking about the glove issue today funnily enough because I've noticed a couple of times in the past and on friday last week that when I put a new glove on I shoot my best score for a while. I thought it was just coincidence but now I've looked at the 10 gloves in my bag and compared them to the new one there is no comparison. Not worn out or anything just gone a bit shiny and slightly slippery. Something else that just creeps up on you without you knowing eh. Anyone know of a way to wash gloves so you can get a few more rounds out of them? Just don't fancy throwing 10 gloves in the bin. Yes I am a tight a**e. P.S. Posted this on another thread before I saw this one.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 21:10

I'm toying with the idea of not bothering with a glove.

I've played with people who don't wear a glove and these were low handicap players.

For all my putting/chipping/pitching and bunker play I take my glove off, I like to feel the club for these type of shots.

I check my glove every time I put it on and once I start seeing holes appearing I'll buy a new one.

I've got some Cabretta gloves now as they were on a special, twin pack for £9.99, so I bought two.

Russ

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Apr 2010 23:16

I change mine when it has a hole in it.  Sort of a wear indicator kind of thing.

I changed to carbetta recently and the feel is superb, although they do wear out a little sooner.  I have found though that the elastic goes loose before I get a hole usually

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 8th Apr 2010 23:56

Tight fit.  Roomy fit means that the glove and hence the grip can move in your hand

Incidently, picked up 3 new gloves today.  Might break out a new one on Monday

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top