Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Poor Finish!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 1st Apr 2010 22:01 | Last Reply

The last two rounds of golf I have played have all ended with me having a poor finish.

On both rounds I was going to finish with a round of golf that was below my handicap as long as I made nothing worse than a bogey on the last hole.

I must admit in this strong wind the final hole is tricky.

A par three, 138 yards with a carry all over water.  Out of bounds behind the green.

Nothing worse than playing well in a strong wind and then blowing it on the last hole!

Russ

re: Poor Finish!
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 09:59

Greg, it's a great finishing hole and normally it doesn't give me any problem, just pick the correct club for the job and swing smooth.

From the Yellow tees it's only a hundred yards over the water so for me only a 3/4 PW.  The White tees are further back and do make it interesting, especially over the past week when the wind has been blowing.

The problem is that there is only about two yards between the edge of the pond and the front of the green and it all slopes harshly back into the water.  Some times I've hit the green and it's backspun into the water!

Then around the back of the course is the boundary fence, so OOB's.

And to make it very good it's not a big green.

I've seen many a good score ruined on this hole and as you say, matchplay, all square to here would be very interesting.

Russ

user69191
Reply : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 13:34

Stroke index 10 Russ, sounds harder to me.

user52922
Reply : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 14:23

Having played that hole many times myself, I know exactly where Russ is coming from. It seems that the only time one gets on the green safely is when the score is irrelevant.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top