Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What should i buy?

Posted by: user287156 | Tue 30th Mar 2010 18:19 | Last Reply

Hello new to golf and was wondering what i should buy. i've seen wilson deep red set which look nice (nice being all i know) or should i make my own set up for around the same price? the clubs i have been using my dads old clubs which i think may be to short for me.

any help will be great.

thanks dan 

re: What should i buy?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 18:36

Dan, the best thing you can do to help your game is to make sure that whatever clubs you buy are custom fitted to your swing.

Find a shop/pro that will custom fit the clubs and don't let them charge you for the fitting, most of the big golf shops do it for free.

Russ

user16106
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 21:51

Dan

Ive played with every brand under the sun and I am currently using wilson fatshaft deep red irons. They look good and  they play well for me. Buy a cheap second hand set ( £40-50) and if you dont like golf you will get back about what you paid. If you do like the game then these clubs will be ok until you reach a standard to take it to another level. Then you can consider splashing out with made to measure.

Thats my advise. Good luck with your game.

Dave cac handed geordie.

user287156
Reply : Wed 31st Mar 2010 12:34

Thanks for the reply's. I will probably get the clubs i've got checked out to see if they fit me and then go from there and not rush into buying anything quickly.

Thanks Dan 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top