Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter Rules Are Going

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 30th Mar 2010 10:23 | Last Reply

At my course, and I'm sure at most courses in this country tomorrow is the last day of 'Winter Rules'

What I'd like to know is what people do as the weather gets better.

I'm one of those people who will leave my ball as it is on the fairway to play my shot.  The only time I will pick it up is if it needs cleaning, or I'm in a bad lie.  Then I will pick and place.

The problem for people will be that they could play tomorrow and pick and place, then come Thursday they will have to play it as it lies, and we all know that even though your ball in on the fairway doesn't mean you are going to get a good lie!

So do you always pick and place?

Russ

Last edit : Tue 30th Mar 2010 15:00
re: Winter Rules Are Going
user52922
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 10:32

I was taught that you place the ball on the tee with your hand and take it out of the hole with the hand and in between you leave it alone.

user40826
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 12:12

If I'm out with mates we'll agree to pick and place on the fairway if the ball is covered in mud.  Only plugged lies off the fairway can be picked and dropped, not placed.

But yeah it seems silly to think that come April 1st we will have to play it as it lies even it is plugged in the fairway. 

user99350
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 13:27

Whatever the rules are I would much prefer it if you were on the fairway that you could pick clean and place. If everyone could do it then I don't see what all the fuss is about. Fact is  that there are to many shit fairways.

user52922
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 13:40

Fairways are something I know very little about.

user77012
Reply : Tue 30th Mar 2010 14:49

No really he can't hit a fairway 

and Darren A runs out of them

Last edit : Tue 30th Mar 2010 14:54

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top