Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

SAM Putting System

Posted by: user2195 | Mon 29th Mar 2010 11:43 | Last Reply

Has anyone used the SAM putting system for putting analysis.  SAM PuttLab, the ultimate putting training system is an analysis and training system based on an accurate ultrasound measurements.

http://www.samputtlab.com/

I'm also looking for PGA Pros in the North West that specilise in putting lessons, that have this machine, if anyopne has recommendations?

Thanks

Rob

re: SAM Putting System
user52922
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 11:57

There are too many other factors which come into play when putting that can defeat even the best stroke in the world, yes, even by a machine.

user2195
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 12:09

Thanks John, but from my scoretracker, I know I've only had 4 rounds over the past 5 years without a 3 putt! Which is frustrating, and my key target improvement area.

It's going to be another year of Dave Peltz, Dr Bob Rotella and the lounge carpet; but I'm just looking for any extra to knock off those 3 putts...

user52922
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 12:51

All I can say, Rob, is that you must be a terrific striker of the ball to be playing off 12 handicap with, by your own admission, an obviously flawed putting stroke.

Three putts usually happen because of a failure to get the first putt dead, which only requires a feel for distance, something which a machine, Dave Peltz or Dr Bob Rotella cannot teach you.

Ditch the so called experts and practice the long putts which are spoiling a good score. Always remember, the better you strike the ball and hit more greens in regulation, the greater the chance of leaving long putts to deal with.

A player of your calibre should really be lookingat 30 putts per round.

user2195
Reply : Thu 1st Apr 2010 20:24

Thanks guys,

For your info my putting stats per round are split roughly half /half 31-35 and 36-39, with a couple each side.

If my putting was as good as my irons I'd be a happy bunny.

user16106
Reply : Thu 1st Apr 2010 21:57

What type of putter do you use Rob? I have about 10 putters kicking around and always go back to one worth literally about £5. I dont get too many 3 putts but I also dont reach a lot of GIRs.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user2195
Reply : Mon 12th Apr 2010 19:32

I'm using my standard 2 ball.  Won a Titlest Scotty Cameron a few years, which is nice, but I seem to get more consistency with my 2 ball.

I must admit Tiger has given me hope, with his 3 putt at Augusta...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top