Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

SG5 for sale

Posted by: user77012 | Sat 27th Mar 2010 21:16 | Last Reply

Skycaddie SG5  top model supplied by Skycaddie with colour screen,perfect working order,has a few scratchs across screen but doesn't affect veiwing. supplied with in car car and USB charger no mains charger . Subscription just run out so needs upgrading there are 20 courses loaded inc Abbey (if a NvS'r was intrested)

First £140 seals the deal,paypal,chq or if attending NvS you can collect and pay there.

Contact via PM please.

Dave

Last edit : Sat 27th Mar 2010 21:30
re: SG5 for sale
user77012
Reply : Sat 27th Mar 2010 23:18

What a bummer  Matt less than half price. Have you used yours yet do you like it?

user77012
Reply : Sat 27th Mar 2010 23:38

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 28th Mar 2010 09:48

I received a SkyCaddie SG5 as a Christmas present from my wife.

The unit is really good.

At first I kept forgetting to use the 'Mark Ball' option but I do it automatically now.

I also use the record score function.

Russ

user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 09:14

Chris whats the difference between the two??

user26342
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 11:55

Dave,

The SGX is like an I-phone, it's all touch screen, full colour & bigger screen. Apparently if you load the wrong course it automatcially updates to the correct one

Why you selling yours?

John.

user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 12:55

I did a Floody and put in the wrong course one day so played without it  , I have now played possibly 12 rounds without it and I'm not missing it  and prefer to go by my eyesight , I still  have a glance at makers if I see them but can judge most pretty well. As you now I think its a great product bu if i'm not using it thought i would pass it on. Most of the time I would hardly call on it whilst playing anyway or even forget to take it. If it goes it goes not overly bothered but suprised no one has shown intrest in it, may put it on the bay.

Last edit : Mon 29th Mar 2010 12:55
user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 13:43

Thanks Chris for the comparison.

The last paragraph is not correct though as I have bumped into 2 mappers on course's neither of which worked for Skycaddie, two different companies not sure who they were as not to familier with other gps products just know they were not form Skycaddie.

user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 18:52

Chris , thats correct two thingies on a clip board but like I said no recollection of the companies.The one guy told me he got £80 a course and had done 4 that day and it was only mid morning not bad pay check. I did think at the time that it was not possible to map the course correctly at that rate.

I hope your not being biased as a Skycaddie agent   , but I did come to the conclusion that they were probably the market leader when I bought mine.

user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 23:11

Thanks Chris, lucky for me they're still selling 2nd hand for £150 + on Ebay.

user77012
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 23:58

I that case you must admit mines a bargain at £140 ?

user77012
Reply : Fri 2nd Apr 2010 22:36

Sg5 now sold, Thanks Richard.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top