Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Short Game

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 26th Mar 2010 19:37 | Last Reply

Further to my post 'Who's the best golfer you've played with'.

I realised that each and every good golfer I've ever had a round of golf with had a really good short game.

Most of them didn't miss the green from 100 yards in, putted really well.

On the few occasions when they did miss the green they pitched/chipped the ball into a position where they could one putt.

I've spent an hour on the practice ground today just concentrating on the 20 to 40 yard pitch shots.

At the moment these shots are the worst part of my game and desperately needed some work.

I spoke to the assistant pro at my golf club and he confirmed that I was setting up correctly for the pitch shot.  So after the hour working on this part of my game I now feel a lot more confident on these shots.

It's my first game tomorrow as a single player in the Jubilee Cup (inter-club competition) and I don't want to let either myself or the club down.

Russ

Last edit : Fri 26th Mar 2010 23:36
re: My Short Game
user52922
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 11:06

I use both methods, Stuart, depending on the length of chip. Short ones, Firm, longer one, wristy.

re: My Short Game
user52922
Reply : Mon 29th Mar 2010 11:54

My thinking is that from just around the fringe, it is almost a putt, so I use the firm left wrist method.

Any chip that has to be pitched on the green first bounce has to be made using a wrist cock method and the degree of height needed will reflect in the length of backswing and follow through.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top