Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How Many Practice Balls?

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 23rd Mar 2010 19:10 | Last Reply

Having read the replies to my 'Practice Ground Routine' posts I began thinking about my practice golf balls.

I'm not sure what other people have but this is my practice ball collection

1)  Clickatube - With 21 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls.

2)  Shag Bag - Holds 100 Titleist golf balls

3)  Titleist Practice Ball Bag - Holds 200 assorted golf balls.

All of the golf balls in my extensive collection are balls I have found whist out on the golf course.  The Pro V1's and Pro V1x's are either lake balls, found balls or balls I've used that are now not good enough to play a round of golf with.

I use the Clickatube for when I practice my pitching and chipping.  I play with Titleist Pro V1's and Pro V1x's during the summer months so like to practice my pitching and chipping with the same golf ball that I use.

The shag bag is used for warm-ups or short practice sessions.  Something like just before a round, etc.

The Titleist Practice Ball Bag is used when I have plenty of time to practice, but not enough time to play eighteen holes.

When I practice my putting I use the golf balls out of my golf bag, as these are in a good condition and will roll correctly.

Russ 

re: How Many Practice Balls?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 23rd Mar 2010 20:11

Wayne, they are not good enough to play a round with but too good to throw away, so for practice they will do.

Also, if I got rid of them I wouldn't have enough practice balls.

I'd always be walking down the practice ground to pick up my golf balls.

Russ

user99350
Reply : Wed 24th Mar 2010 08:41

In an ideal world you should practice with the balls you play with. This I think is not important for say your driving and long irons but a must for your putting and around the green.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 24th Mar 2010 09:00

As I use/find more balls they replace the ones in my practice ball bags/tubes.

The best 21 Pro V1's and Pro V1x's make their way into my clickatube (which is my short pitches/chipping bag)

The ones moved out of the clickatube go into my shag bag.

Eventually I will have them all with the balls I use to play a round of golf with.

Russ

user26342
Reply : Wed 24th Mar 2010 14:24

Chris,

What paint did you use & did it effect the overall spin of the ball. I'm just asking as I would of thought that painting half the ball will have some sort of effect on weight etc?

John.

user52922
Reply : Wed 24th Mar 2010 17:38

I practice with the same ball that I play with.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top