Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Gtour 2nd Event De Vere Oulton Hall - today

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 6th Mar 2010 09:44 | Last Reply

2nd event of the 2010 Gtour season today, hopefully the weather will hold out for the full field taking part.  Thankfully looks like the cold and frost is at an end!

Live scores will be available here later today - http://www.gtour.co.uk/golf/view/5784/scores/

Audio interviews will also be available via ipadio - http://ipadio.com/phlogs/DarrenRamowski2/?displaymode=website

re: Gtour 2nd Event De Vere Oulton Hall - today
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 6th Mar 2010 16:19

Not sure how he does it, don't think he ever scores lower than 32 points. I suppose in defence he really scores above 38 so is just a nice steady player

Tim Hawkins currently topping the Gtour leaderboard, audio interview below

http://ipadio.com/phlogs/DarrenRamowski2/2010/03/06/Gtour-UK-Amateur-Golf-Tour-9th-phonecast?displayMode=website

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 6th Mar 2010 17:54

Top man for Team North

user131525
Reply : Sat 6th Mar 2010 22:39

If you listen really carefully you can hear some of us shouting "bandit" in the background!

user24437
Reply : Sat 6th Mar 2010 23:39

Seriously, thanks for all the messages of support and congratulations from everyone.  Really enjoyed the round, good company with fellow CGL'er James and Peter and David.  I reckon we would have had a hellava team score together!  Only slight disappointment was only having 0.3 knocked off, thought it would be more for a round of 86 - made up by having three pars and a birdie on the trot.

And just a word of thanks to my part-time caddy, Martin M. for suggesting a couple of swing changes last week - worked on them at the range in the week and it paid off today. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 7th Mar 2010 08:39

Congratulations Tim on your round.

I bet you are glad I sent up my regular pairs partner to join your group!

Dave will tell me all about your round today as we tee off at 11am

Russ

Last edit : Sun 7th Mar 2010 09:22
user131525
Reply : Sun 7th Mar 2010 09:00

Seriously, it was a cracking round.  I think Tim had a run of 4 gross pars and a gross birdie on the back 9!

user99350
Reply : Sun 7th Mar 2010 09:53

Only 0.3.?Whatever happened to pulling for general play? Well done Tim. You only need to sort out the post match interview technique now.

user24437
Reply : Sun 7th Mar 2010 10:38

I was surprised it was only 0.3 as well Pat.  Reason was I shot 86, which gave me a net 68 (off full h'cap).  The course was a par 71 but the SSS for the combination we played was 69, so only 1 shot under for a cut of 0.3.

And I don't think the interview was that bad considering I had just finished and been told I'd shot 35 points, my three playing partners were heckling and there were people drinking beer near me.   

user99350
Reply : Sun 7th Mar 2010 12:50

Tim, it wasn't the content it was the accent: in view of up and coming NvS I thought you might have said ' t' greens wur gud tha noss ' and something about ferrets.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Mar 2010 13:23

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top