Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ping Custom Fitting

Posted by: user30119 | Fri 26th Feb 2010 22:54 | Last Reply

Im booking in for a Ping Custom fit end of march what can I expect? This is a first for me so a little nervous to how it all goes!!!!

Was all set for the G15 set but after calling in american golf I have to say I hate the look of them.( Sole size, offset). I therefore looked at the I15's and liked the iron but the driver is putting me off with it fade bias.

Would it be a problem  for me to have the G15 driver/ 3wood and I15 hybrid and irons?

re: Ping Custom Fitting
user77012
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 02:11

Absoloutly not , mix and match as much as you like , clubs musty look good to the eye IMO.

Martin Millichip can tell you about the Ping custom set up as he went through that process sometime last season.

user77012
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 10:00

Glad you sorted Jagdeep, I was wondering are your Tm's the same spec as your custom fit pings?

user30119
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 23:02

Cheers guys,  Jagdeep how do you get on with the G15's iron design i.e the big sole etc?

When I go Ping should I take any clubs with me or not?

user52922
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 23:14

Mark, you are bordering on becoming a good player and I suggest that you go for clubs that have a thin sole, as they have a purity of strike that no wide soled club can ever give.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 23:44

I would take your clubs with you when you go.

That way you can see what they are doing for you now, and what improvements the new clubs might give you.

Russ

user99854
Reply : Sun 28th Feb 2010 01:17

Hi Mark

Dont be nervous it is a relaxed affair. I was fitted for a new driver G15 at Ping.I was there for about an hour trying different shaft options and lofts ,you work through all the options at your pace.The fitter gives you all the tech.bit and gives advice but you make the decision in the end.I enjoyed the time and the attention and time given by my fitter The other thing you hit out onto a driving range not a simulator, and your swing speed and track are measured on some tracking computer which is fed with your golf particulars eg;h/c , weight .  Hope you enjoy the day. It worked for me.

Gerry

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top