Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

S300 how stiff?

Posted by: user127691 | Thu 25th Feb 2010 17:36 | Last Reply

I'm looking at a set of ex demo taylor made tour preffered irons and they are fitted with S300 true temper dynamic gold shafts. I was wondering just how stiff they are?

Obviously i'm not going to buy them without trying them first but I was wondering if anyone had any idea how stiff they are I have done the online fitting guide on the true temper website and they recommend rifle 5.0 and I think they may be a little to stiff at the minute but am wondering if the S300 may be to stiff as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

re: S300 how stiff?
user127691
Reply : Fri 26th Feb 2010 16:03

Cheers for the advice guys.I’m pretty clueless when it comes to shafts but was under the impression the Rifle 5.0 would be far to stiff for me but hoped the S300 were a bit more suited. I have tried the clubs now and am really happy with the feel of the shaft much prefer the stiff shaft more control than the ones in my existing X-20’s the shaft are true temper again but marked up as uni-flex whatever that means. I havn’t seen a slight drop in distance but that will also be down to the fact the X20’s are at least 2 degrees stronger loft 45 degrees for the PW compared to 47 in the TP’s for example.(No doubt another ploy by the manufacturer to make you think the clubs are great when you try them out.)My swing speed is much more suited to stiff shafts I have spent months trying to slow my swing down which has caused me all sorts of problems but my new coach has got me hitting the ball at my natural speed and my ball striking has improved massively, hopefully these new clubs will help me increase my accuracy.

re: S300 how stiff?
user77012
Reply : Sat 27th Feb 2010 09:49

Gary glad your sorted, the s3,s are actually stiffer than the Rifle 5.0's, the 5's are closer to the R3's. As for swinging at your natural speed this is good but important to stay in balance, for a lot of players they need to increase swing speed unfortunately they translate this into a fast backswing, which slows the DS speed.So if you are going to slow anything make it the backswing and the accelerate the downswing.

Chris W, you will love the KBS,s the most stable shaft I have ever used.I have three of my sets with the 5.5's I would be very suprised if you would need to softstep them though.Chris don't discount R400's I have these in my Maruman Blades an perform as good as anything they play alot firmer than reg, and are alot cheaper than the KB's.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top