Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help damaged club

Posted by: user30119 | Sat 20th Feb 2010 16:57 | Last Reply

Hi guys need some advice.... played golf yesterday and noticed the head on my 7 iron in bent back slightly from the hosle. Took it to my local course and was told the shaft could well be bent under the hosle. They said i could either try bending it back....ehh or a new shaft would be needed.

The club in question is a Macgregor Mactec 685 and all it says onthe shaft is "mactec light weight micro steel 95 grams".

What the hell can I do......it just had to be the 7 iron didnt it why couldnt it have been the 3 or PW????

re: Help damaged club
user30119
Reply : Sat 20th Feb 2010 17:13

Hi David,

Tried the Macgregor website, they no longer trade. The website sends you to Golfsmith.

re: Help damaged club
user99350
Reply : Sun 21st Feb 2010 10:48

Mark, I'd have done with it and get a new shaft. It's obviously damaged so any 'repair' will not undamage the shaft. You could end up with the club head flying off into the rough a couple of months down the line and throwing good money after bad is not the best of fun.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top