Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Algarve 2011

Posted by: user40694 | Thu 18th Feb 2010 15:02 | Last Reply

Having just got back from this years trip, I already have withdrawal symptoms, so was considering options for next year.

I went around Vilamoura and Albufeira looking at golf courses on Monday and Tuesday, and have to say they are far superior to the ones we played this year.

Therefore I was wondering if any of the regulars fancied a change, next year?

We could possibly have two groups. Those that want to go back to Alvor, and those that fancy a change.

The travel company said that it would be around £150 extra overall to what we paid this year, to stay and play at Vilamoura. However the hotel and courses are worth the extra. Plus there is a lot more to do there and the area is better. They will have confirmed prices in May, and they know that there will be special deals available 

Last edit : Fri 19th Feb 2010 10:06
re: Algarve 2011
user26342
Reply : Thu 18th Feb 2010 15:13

David,

you get what you pay for. I haven't played golf but have stayed in Vilamoura & it oozes class & money.

user11501
Reply : Thu 18th Feb 2010 16:20

I know Vilamoura is a good place to go Dave as I know some of my group of golfers at my club are going this year. They are only going for four days but are spending a considerable amount of money more than we did this year for seven nights.

I would assume that a lot of people would be on a budget like me so however much I would like to go it may be out of my price bracket. Spent a small fortune this year at the "cheaper" resort.

Let's see what you can get in terms of deals you mention before any final decisions are to be made and what everyone elses feelings are.

user115085
Reply : Thu 18th Feb 2010 17:01

For a cost benchmark I went to vilamoura last year. Stayed 4 nights and played millenium, Pinhal and Quinta da Lago South. Accommodation and golf came in at £273 and that was August.

Last edit : Thu 18th Feb 2010 22:00
user16163
Reply : Fri 19th Feb 2010 07:56

David

After visiting the algarve on 2 previous visits and exploring the areas around villamura/albufiera i would be most pleased to play those courses, of course though i do agree with martin that the cost issue needs to be adressed before any final decisions are made

if it is just around the �150 mark then to me that seems fair for the courses in that area and the costs of restaurants/bars are in the same price bracket as this years in Alvor so the beer/food costs wouldnt rise that dramatically

just my 2 cents worth

user99350
Reply : Fri 19th Feb 2010 08:32

Having stayed and played in both places I'll go with the flow. I did like Millenium and Laguna and though the Old course promises and looks good I just found it to be long and was also taken aback by the officils there popping out from behind the trees telling you to get a move on. As for things to do there's just the Marina, nice as it is.

All in all I'd say Villamoura courses are definately better manicured and I'd be surprised if you got the same standard of accommodation and 6 rounds for less than £500.

Anyone got anymore pics from Alvor?

user434357
Reply : Sun 13th May 2012 10:05

Hi guys,

Just for your information. I arrange golfing breaks in Costa Blanc south and provide All Inclusive packages for 4-5-6-7 days etc. Last group paid £289 for 4 nights all inc stay at my villa with all drinks provided at accomm, all transfers to/from courses,villa and resort airport,breakfast,and evening meals etc etc.

Next group have the same all inclusive deal but for 7 nights with 4rounds of golf inc buggies at a cost of £415 all in.

Feel free to take a look at my website www.golf-holidays-spain.com

I arrange/include everything from start to finish with the exception of flights and insurances and also discount for non-playing guests.

Hope this is of interest to you all.

cheers

Stuart

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top