Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Suggestions

Posted by: user46538 | Sat 31st Mar 2007 11:04 | Last Reply

Hi, I recently upgraded and to be honest am a little dissapointed with the lack of basic statistics often offered on other sites - ity may be however that I am just not finding them.

For example..

Rounds > Round Selector

1) Only goes upto 100 rounds
2) On the gross scores there is no average  for each hole - a very handy  stat.
3) As above but on Net scores
4) Stats, again averages only for the single rounds not complete averages over a period.

Report > Performance Analysis 
1) No option to get report from one club.

Report > Analysis

Full Round Scoring Analysis against Par (last 30 rounds)doesn't work,  Internal error: Chosen locale file for error messages does not exist.

Report > Rounds > Analysis :
Full Analysis by Course

Again, doesn't work shows a blank page

nor does Round Analysis by Course (Last 10)

and neither does Ecelectic Score by Cource

So really I ask how I have benefitted from paying for a Premium Account when not much seems to work?

re: Suggestions
user23840
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2007 09:16

And he organises golf days.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2007 16:58

Hi Jon, just read the post so will email you about this also.

I will be the first to admit that there are some stats missing and too much of others.  I basically developed the site in my spare time over 7 years ago and that saw the first inclusion of stat, I then had a major redevelopment 2 years ago and introduced a whole host of additional reports and analysis.  Both sets remain but ideally needed consolidating.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your take , over the last 9 months the sites grown heavily and I have spent more time supporting the site than actually doing development and improving and enhancing the site, this also includes my lack of golf

Thankfully now I am in a position to focus almost full time on GST and over the last 4 weeks have introduced a number of new features, improvements and minor bug fixes . 

The plan over the next few weeks is to consolidate and improve the analysis to ensure it is even more helpful to your game and the whole system intuitive.  You may have already seen that the round stats have been updated to make them friendly on the eye rather than one big long page and I have introduced Putts per GIR, Putts per GIR missed, GIR per FIR, bounceback, par run etc etc etc  So watch this space !

I am also working heavily on updating the course information and arranging some society days    

Also fixed the spelling mistake which Wayne normally spots  

To pick up on your post, not sure why things are not working.  All is fine for me and I've not had any other reports of problems, yet   so will contact you direct to test.

Rounds > Round Selector

1) Only goes upto 100 rounds - do you want more ??
2) On the gross scores there is no average  for each hole - a very handy  stat.
3) As above but on Net scores
4) Stats, again averages only for the single rounds not complete averages over a period.

For 2,3,4 you will get this from the full analysis by course

Report > Performance Analysis  - you will get this from the full analysis by course

Report > Analysis

Full Round Scoring Analysis against Par (last 30 rounds) - will contact you to see why this doesn't work for you

Full Analysis by Course - will contact you to see why this doesn't work for you

Round Analysis by Course (Last 10) - will contact you to see why this doesn't work for you

Ecelectic Score by Cource - will contact you to see why this doesn't work for you

Kind regards,

Darren. 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2007 17:04

Jon, I'm not able to send you a PM (private message) via the inbuilt system because you have set your profile to private.

Can you email me direct to confirm I can access your data on my dev server to check, data protection requirements  .  My contact info is on this link .

Also just to check it's not PC specific are you accessing the reports from the main reports page or via the drop down links ?  can you also confirm PC operating system and internet browser.

Feel free to send all info via email. 

Regards,

Darren. 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 2nd Apr 2007 08:52

Thanks will respond direct once I receive the email and have th okay to check your set-up on my dev server.

Yes the golf days are great fun   currently finalising a few at present.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top