Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Re-gripping equipment

Posted by: user259181 | Mon 8th Feb 2010 18:10 | Last Reply

For regripping - I understand you need double sided tape,slovent and grips.....with regards the tape and solvent, are these anything special or are they things you can buy from DIY stores? What have you guys done?

cheers

Lewis

re: Re-gripping equipment
user52922
Reply : Mon 8th Feb 2010 18:18

All of these items are readily available, Lewis. I have done my own grips before but I now use our own Mr David Ley as he can source the type of grip that I prefer to use.

user52922
Reply : Mon 8th Feb 2010 18:31

Don't worry about that lot out in the sun, Lewis, they have to come back at the week-end and they will find the shock of the snow will get to them far more than at will us.

When you do grip the clubs, Lewis make sure you get the thickness of tape right for your grip. Myself I only have one layer of tape as I like very thin grips.

user77012
Reply : Mon 8th Feb 2010 22:05

Lewis everything else you need is on ebay under "golf club components"

Last edit : Mon 8th Feb 2010 22:09
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 9th Feb 2010 13:14

An old method, and I found easier was to use a 2ltr Pop bottle to hold either White Spirit or Petrol. Place the Taped shaft into it and shake, making sure the Tape was well lubricated.

TheLyth

user77012
Reply : Tue 9th Feb 2010 13:34

Thats a good tip Lyth,also never had any issues with what you describe Chris ie 2" tape,chrome scrapping and there is no problem with low heat on grafite shafts.

user77012
Reply : Tue 9th Feb 2010 14:13

Lewis if your interested I have a full set of B/N Golf Pride Ben Hogan grips with the reminder strip. If interested PM me.

user106712
Reply : Tue 9th Feb 2010 14:44

I just got my driver regripped at manor gc driglington. the lamkin jumbo grip was £5.50 and the fitting was Free.. What a bargain.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top