Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What do I do now

Posted by: user64175 | Sun 7th Feb 2010 17:07 | Last Reply
<p class="MsoNormal">Ok, what do I do now??---Since November my game has gone downhill, mainly getting off the tee. I have been topping shots, thinning them and toeing others. Beginning of&nbsp; January I decided to go and see our local pro for some lessons. I was very sceptical about going as I have never had a lesson before and I was well onto my target of single figures before November. Within ten minutes he had sorted me out, my grip, stance, posture, etc was all ok, my problem was lifting my chest at the top of my back swing with occasional shoulder cast. Keep down and over the ball with no shoulder cast, brilliant sorted. A basket of balls later, not one bad shot all with a nice soft draw. But on the course I am topping, thinning etc. Back to the pro, no problems. Try as I might I cannot get the same thoughts/feel on the course as I do at the range, please tell me it will all come back before I go mad!!!!!!</p>
re: What do I do now
user64175
Reply : Mon 8th Feb 2010 14:54

Chris,

I think you may have hit the nail on the head, I have been up the range today and hit the ball extremely well. I then went onto the course  just to do the first three holes Topped and thined two tee shots. I must agree with you that I am focusing on the green/fairway target rather than my swing when I am on the course. Will try again on Thursday with your suggestions.  Thanks for the advice.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top