Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap calculation question

Posted by: user10004 | Wed 3rd Feb 2010 16:51 | Last Reply

I have just returned to Golfshake after a number of years away and am adding my scores for the last few years.  The calculation for a Golfshake handicap bears no resemblance to my official CONGU handicap.  It would appear that Golfshake uses a gross score to determine the handicap, whereas CONGU lops off any score over 2 over par for calculation.  Is it at all possible for an option to be given for a CONGU handicap calculation instead of Golfshake - or at least the option of it being shown on one's profile?

Last edit : Wed 3rd Feb 2010 16:54
re: Handicap calculation question
user106712
Reply : Wed 3rd Feb 2010 17:00

I manually adjusted my golfshake handicap when I got a congu handicap at my club.

user106712
Reply : Wed 3rd Feb 2010 17:02

Click on "Tools" at the top of the page and then look for "Manually Adjust Handicap"

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 3rd Feb 2010 17:06

Golfshake doesn't adjust for CCS, it isn't possible.

TheLyth

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 3rd Feb 2010 19:42

Welcome back Mike.

Are you referring to the initial calculation or for every round thereafter ? Technically only CONGU and affiliated clubs can use the CONGU system but we use a very similar formula.

The initial first 3 rounds are based on a average which differs from CONGU but for each subsequent round you should find the Golfshake handicap is very similar to CONGU we adjust based on the 'nett double bogey' rule which only allows for a double bogey on each hole maximum after taking into account your handicap stroke allowance for each hole.

If you are referring to every round after the initial calculation then this is wrong in both counts and is based on the above 'nett double bogey rule' for both Golfshake and CONGU

It would appear that Golfshake uses a gross score to determine the handicap, whereas CONGU lops off any score over 2 over par

Finally theLyth is correct in that technically clubs will base handicaps on the CSS from the given days competition which may differ from the SSS and is what Golfshake uses.

Hope this helps, any questions just post back.

Regards, Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top