Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

South Yorkshire Golf Society

Posted by: user267464 | Fri 22nd Jan 2010 20:11 | Last Reply

Does Anyone On Here Know Of Any South Yorkshire Golf Societys That Are Running And If Not Would Anyone Be Interested In Joining One If I Was To Try And Create One So We Got To Play Various South Yorkshire, Maybe Into Derbyshire Courses And Had Abit Of Fun Along The Way? All Feedback Greatly Recieved

re: South Yorkshire Golf Society
user79118
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 20:18

Have a look at CGL,  County Golf League. They play the areas you mention and more. http://www.countygolfleague.com/

Last edit : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 20:19
user131525
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:00

Hi Steve,

Chris is right.  We (CGL) play in lots of areas all over Derbys, Notts, Lincolnshire and S and N Yorks.  In addition we had two matchplay events against the Romford league and the Halewood society from Merseyside, of which Chris is a member.  The courses chosen for our winter league are usually sand-based and so good drainers.

If you go to the link Chris has posted and register you'll be able to see all of the games we've got booked for the winter and some for the summer, including our society charity day on 17th July at Grassmoor that you've played a few times: http://www.golfshake.com/golf/view/5796/

Feel free to send me a pm and let me know whereabouts you are in Derbyshire and we might be able to arrange a game at some point.

Last edit : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:46
user131525
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:09

Al Bostock has put a great deal of time and effort into arranging the society's games and done a cracking job.  All the winter courses have been selected because they don't use temporary greens or tees so, generally speaking, we get pretty good conditions right through the winter, except in the case of extreme weather like the last month.  Even then though, when one of our society days was cancelled, a dozen of us went cybergolfing in Nottingham instead and had a good laugh.

Sure you can't be tempted with a game tomorrow? 

Last edit : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:09
user24437
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:31

Go on Steve, you know you want to!  We're all reasonably friendly, they even talk to me despite being a southern softie..

user131525
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 22:34

Not if you keep winning Tim

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 25th Jan 2010 20:36

Steve, great bunch of guys and you will have great fun enjoying the golf on some great coures.

user278396
Reply : Sun 7th Feb 2010 07:10

Hi ya Steve, i live in Sheffield and like to play every week mainly on sundays with the brother inlaw and two of his mates, always open to having a game and trying new places maybe you cuold jive me a few tips along the way.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top