Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

THE GOKART GOLF TROLLEY

Posted by: user78137 | Sun 17th Jan 2010 21:29 | Last Reply

Hi all on golf shake!  just wondered if anyone else has or knows anyone else with a GoKart electric trolley.  My wife bought me one for xmas & i am extremely impressed with it.  it is slightly odd, somewhat futuristic in looks although i think its funky.  very quite & well engineered. extremely easy to put up & fold back down.  i have also found their after sales service is excellent.  by nice to hear your views.  thank you!

david preston

re: THE GOKART GOLF TROLLEY
user131525
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 22:48

I think your thoughts pretty much match mine David.  When you hear it's plastic, first impressions are that it's going to be a flimsy thing, but it appears to be very solid.

The key point for me was that they offered a money back 30-day guarantee if you weren't completely satisfied.  They've also got a 2 year warranty and, I see from their site today, that any trolleys bought after December will have their warranty start on April 1st, so that's 2 years and a bit.

It seems to be the only trolley where Internet reviews are universally positive.  Even when people have had problems, it seems the company are pretty good at customer service.

It would be nice to have a chance to use the damn thing though!

user40826
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 07:07

Yep used mine for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed.  Found so many positive stories at customer service on the t'interweb.

I emailed them just after the new year asking if they had any reconditioned trolleys available.  I ended up with a grey framed trolley, with the new wheels, a free carry bag and 2 and half years warranty for £180!

Was worth an ask!

user78137
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 17:40

I ACTTUALLY GOT THE TROLLEY FFROM SANTA, BUT HE DELIVERED IT VERY EARLY IN CASE I DID NOT LIKE IT & THEY OFFERED A THIRTY DAY MONEY BACK EXCHANGE.  SO TESTED THROUGH THE TOUGH ALREADY. I LIKE IT.  GREAT PRICE IF YOU WANT QUALITY WITHOUT THE RIP OFF.  I HAVE ALSO HAD SECERAL ACCESORIES BOUGHT FOR IT ALL ARE REASONABLE IN PRICE WELL MADE AND FAST DELIVERED. I HAD REASON TO QUESTION THE ASSEMBLY AS I HAD HAD A LONG DAY. THEY RANG ME WITHIN AN HOUR & ALSO EMAILED ME TO MAKE SURE I WAS HAPPY!

user205550
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 13:43

I think i'm going to order a GoKart after reading the reviews, also going to order the seat as it looks and be nice to sit down at the same time lol. shame the trolley can't pull us at the same time lol

user50657
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 17:53

Had mine for about 9 months and it has been absolutely spot on. The bungie strap at the bottom snapped and within 24 hours of my phone call the replacement was through the letter box!

Very ease to set up, unclip the handle, flick of the wrist and the whole thing is unfolded, pop the battery in and job's a good'un. Battery lasts forever and holds it charge even when not in use.

When you see some of the metal framed ones with battery wires hanging here there and everywhere, it makes you appreciate the design even more.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 20:41
user356537
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 10:07

I know a few people who have them and they all sing their praise, expecially the after sales service. The only thing that would worry me is that to hear so many good comments about customer service rather suggests that they go wrong too frequently!

We have two electric tollies (Powakaddy Sport Digital & Hill Billy Terrain) which regularly do 36 holes, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, and I'm not quite convinced the GoKart is sufficiently robust for that level of useage. Has anybody got one and subjected it to heavy use?

Richard

user40826
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 20:17

Richard,

How weird this popped up and I am still using the same Go Kart I posted about above. Have only just replaced the battery after two and half years. I regularly play twice a week and probably three to four times a week during the summer holidays.

Never had a problem with the trolley and it still goes like a rocket

Chris.

user131525
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 22:57

As Chris is, I'm also a big Go Kart fan. I've had mine for two and a half years, the only thing I had go wrong was one of the plastic bits snapped off the scorecard holder. I emailed them to enquire how much a new one would be only to find one arrive on my mat two days later. Cracking customer service.

Sent my Go Kart away for a service last Tuesday - got a text giving me a one hour time slot for it to be collected and they arrived 10 minutes into the time they'd given me. I decided to go for the automatic upgrade whilst my trolley was in so we'll see how that goes when it comes back on Tuesday. They strip the trolley down and replace any parts they've updated since I bought mine and then give another two year warranty. I don't think you can really say fairer than that.

I play 36 hole days regularly and have never had a problem. Pretty good going considering I only have an 18 hole battery!

user78137
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 16:05

In reply to Richards reference to customer service. Yes I have to agree their customer service is top drawer. My hood zipped broke last weekend, it was hammering down & I pulled a little too hard on the zip. They contacted me 24 hours later to tell me a new hood would be on it's way free of charge. I purchased it over two years ago. I also managed to snap the scorecard holder again in a rush, no quibble new one delivered two days later. I've had mine for nearly three years, never broke down on me once, they offer a service if you would like. They strip it to it's bear bones, replace anything that looks tatty & it comes back like new. This service then also gives you another two year guarantee. It may be plastic in build, but is is actually very solid. there are many attachments if you need them & they are always so helpful. I asked them would my waranty be invalid if I put my own iPhone charger onto the wiring for the battery. No problem! I have tried the top & far more expensive ones out, but honestly they cant compete on the long term reliability & service of the gokart. My friend bought the top of the range remote control trolley from Powacaddy (�700:00), two months later his wiring failed, they charged him �200:00 to repair it saying it was how he loaded it in his boot. Try before you buy, you can have one for two weeks, if you do not like it they refund everypenny apart from courier fees.

SAY NO MORE!

user127691
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 13:55

How much does the service cost?

user78137
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 15:52

Hi

Think it's around fifty to �80:00 . Sounds a lot, but that includes courier there & back & it comes back like a brand new trolley, the also give you two years waranty on the cart again. Well worth it every two or three years!

user131525
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 20:58

The service is �99 which, as David says includes the courier there and back. In my case that's Derbyshire to Kent where they're based. David is quite correct in what he says that you get a fresh 2 year warranty on the whole trolley after the service. During it they strip the trolley down and replace anything they've upgraded since the trolley was purchased.

Mine is being delivered back to me tomorrow so we'll see what it's like. I've paid an extra �40 on top of the service to upgrade to the new automatic version so I'll let you know how I get on.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top