Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

A Handicap round - or not?

Posted by: user21308 | Sun 17th Jan 2010 15:24 | Last Reply
<p>Hi there Golfshake world, I need some advice?</p>  <p>Taking advantage of the good weather (at last) I shot a best ever score of 77 at Frome GC today! However, all 18 holes were on temporary greens and all tees off mats so the course was a lot shorter than normal.</p>  <p>Should I record this round in my handicap stats and in doing so reduce my Golfshake handicap to, I think, 15.2. I had entered the Pro-shop medal for the day (so in the money) and fully expect a cut under review from the handicap committee, which is what they do in the winter. My club handicap is a bit higher than my Golfshake one (20.0 against 17.3 on here) and I&rsquo;m on their watch list so they look out for any opportunity to cut someone like me if they can. Fair enough. However on here, I don&rsquo;t think 15 is really my playing handicap under full course conditions.</p>  <p>A dilemma, so what do you golfshakers think would be fair for me to do?</p>  <p>I look forward to any response.</p>  <p>Thanks</p><p>John </p>
re: A Handicap round - or not?
user41897
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 16:50

I agree.

See Darren's blog post on the subject

http://tinyurl.com/ycctoq6

user21308
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 17:20

Yep i've entered the card but just the score, no stats or anything (number of putts etc. a complete nonsense too really). I can have it as my lowest score and i'll just have to try and repeat it on a full course later in the year. Somehow?

Nice start to the year though, i did similar two years ago with my first round of the year, perhaps i should just leave it at that :-) 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 19:29

John, like Andy's posted I would say not given the reduction in the course and not a normal set-up

http://www.golfshake.com/user/blog/1/1889/Winter_Golf_should_you_track_handicap.html

David Long also added some additional thoughts.

user83555
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 19:42

If it's not representative don't enter a card ! wait for "normality" to return to proceedings ! 

normallity ??? normality ?? don't know - Santo will though !

user20690
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 16:30

Definetly a CUT as your a BANDITOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Must be nice to play again mate my first game is hopefully on Saturday.

Any way my view is not to put it down as a handicap game as you said off the mats and temp greens so a lot shorter,nice back nine though mate.

See you soon

Smiffio

user52922
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 17:30

I must say that I agree entirely with Mr Smiths comments. Standing is definitely a bandit and a cut is long overdue, but not permitted when on temp greens.

Hope to seey ou this year Paul, are you in the N v S.

user21308
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 17:38

Smiffy and John

I have to agree, i do have my bandit moments, and yesterday was one of 'em ;-) It's just a case of having one at the right bloody time!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top