Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Trolley Ban Bandits!!!!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 17th Jan 2010 13:13 | Last Reply

Both courses at my golf club opened for play this weekend.

The Priors opened on Saturday and the Abbotts was to open today.

I called up at the club yesterday to see the new manager but he wasn't there!

Upon entering the course there is a big sign saying 'No Trolleys' and the same in the pro shop.

Whilst my daughter was enjoying her cheeseburger and chips I was chatting with the pro.

Imagine my disbelief when the first group I saw on the eighteenth hole had a person using a trolley.  These people are members of the club and I assume can read!

Then low and behold, the second group on the eighteeth green had the same thing!

Now the trolley ban is on as a 'Health & Safety' measure, so nobody can use one even with a doctor's note.

People using a trolley whilst the course is wet will damage the course, and these same people will probably complain about the condition of the course during the summer!

Russ

re: Trolley Ban Bandits!!!!
user24437
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 15:57

People who ignore rules like that should be forced to carry the trolley for another round.  Members who do should be summarily shot.

(Sorry have had to work all weekend, want to be out on a course - 20hrs so far and another 4 or 5 to go - boo hoo) 

user26342
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 20:35

I wonder I'd be able to use mine? I've got the new powakaddy winter wheels which were designed in conjunction with green staff etc?

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 17th Jan 2010 21:00

No you would not be allowed to use your trolley whilst the ban is on John.

If the course had banned trolleys to protect the course then people who had a valid reason (medical, etc) for using a trolley would still be able to use one.

When they say it's for 'Health & Safety' reasons then you would not be able to use one, even with a valid reason.

Russ

user26342
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 12:02

Wayne,

That was my point I was trying to make in my post. My new wheels have been designed to be used during winter to protect the courses. See the link here

user26342
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 13:05

You got nothing better to do

user26342
Reply : Mon 18th Jan 2010 14:25

Yes & I am.

user52922
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 22:10

It was a poor course anyway, Chris, you are much better off now.

user24437
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 22:23

The Abbey, John thought that was a bad course....

user52922
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 22:30

I did indeed, Tim. The worst I have played on for atrocious condition and if it is like that in early April then no one is going to enjoy it.

user52922
Reply : Tue 19th Jan 2010 23:45

Who on earth is Scarlet? David.

If anyone thinks that course is magnificent then I obviously don't know the real meaning of the word magnificent.

user52172
Reply : Sun 24th Jan 2010 12:46

Russ, was at the Priors today and I think I was the only one without a trolley. I had a word with Dave at the end and he said that the ban had been lifted on Saturday morning :-

a) The course is a mess and still very wet and the ban should be in force

b) If the club deem it playable, why not update the website, I checked Saturday night and it said the ban was still in place.

I ended up having my lowest ever socre....and that was with carrting my bag and having left my sky caddies at home. I may have to try this tactic again.

Brian

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 24th Jan 2010 17:45

Brian, I played at the Priors course last Thursday (Shot 77, really pleased).

The trolley ban had been lifted on the Thursday.

I was told that they had inspected the course and decided to lift the trolley ban, but it could have been that so many people ignored the ban that it wasn't worth trying!

Russ

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 11th Jan 2013 13:07

Is this still occurring ?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top