Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Psychology

Posted by: user279380 | Wed 6th Jan 2010 11:22 | Last Reply
<p>Having researched the subject of golf psychology for some time I would like to hear from fellow golfers as to what extent they are aware of this subject, whether they have found any useful tips and drills in this area or if they have any problems I may potentially be able to help them with from my research so far. I look forward to hearing from you.</p>  <p>&nbsp;Regards</p>  <p>Madge</p><p>www.golfpsychologyonline.com </p>
re: Golf Psychology
user11051
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 15:24

Hi Nick,

I find the subject fascinating, I know of this website - http://www.golfmindfactor.com/ with Karl Morris. I had a session with him when working at Golfbreaks.com a good few years ago. I think it's incredible how much of a focus pro golfers put on the mental game, yet us club players, as a majority, don't really consider it at all!

I hope the website is a success for you.

Tim
Visual Golf
http://www.visual-golf.com/

user23840
Reply : Fri 8th Jan 2010 08:45

I think there's no other sport like golf for the psychology side of things.

I don't see the need for the average club golfer to take it the same level as a tour pro. If they are thinking positively, and concentrating on hitting it within 10ft from 200yds, they have the skills to back that up, where as the club golfer no amount of psychology will help him make that shot, he needs to skills first.

Where it has helped me is in little areas. A good pre shot routine, things like not choosing a cheap battered ball to tee off over water on a par 3, or when teeing off on the 1st hole. You use a knackered ball, you look down at it, and already you're thinking it's going in the water, and it generally does. Thats not saying I never hit a good ball into water, but not willing it in seems to reduce the chances of it happening.

user581327
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2014 18:14

Hi,

Im studying the effects the mental state has on golf performance. I would really appreciate if you would anonymously participate in this research by filling out this questionnaire. It should take up to 5 minutes to complete. All data is for academic uses only and I encourage you to be as honest as possible. Here is the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7NPR3RJ

Thank you very much,

James

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top