Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

how bad a slice

Posted by: user270701 | Tue 5th Jan 2010 22:07 | Last Reply

Hi there just got my new set of clubs at xmas.

Not played in 15 year. 29 year old now.

Went to world of golf driving range in clydebank and oh my god, what a hell of a slice.

Any tips of what i should do and what to try before i get stuck in a rut and cant get out of it.

re: how bad a slice
user23840
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 08:38

So you been playing 50 years Dave?

user52922
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 09:52

Lewis said: After a while putting these basics into practice, I am now in the middle of another course of lessons to JUST sort out my slice and swing

Lewis. I can do all of that in ten minutes, stop throwing away your hard earned.

user52922
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 12:23

If you are happy with your progress, Lewis then fine, but let me just mention that, IF you are going to improve, then improvement should be rapid under the correct instruction.

If you are still off your current  handicap come the summer then you have been instructed incorrectly.

Last edit : Wed 6th Jan 2010 18:40
user77012
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 16:44

Exactly DM because at the moment he's supporting the south ,    actually Lewis we could do with being straightened out as there are 9 dogleg right holes at Abbey

Last edit : Wed 6th Jan 2010 16:48
user52922
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 18:43

Sorry Mr Marshall, comments noted and mouth now zipped.

user16163
Reply : Wed 6th Jan 2010 19:06

Lewis

You will be fine trust me, anyway you cant do any worse than last years captain and his partner who got slaughtered

7 & 6

who if my memory serves me correctly won the first hole as well, which if my maths are correct they lost 8 of the following 11 holes

NOBODY CAN BE THAT BAD AGAIN!!!!

user99350
Reply : Thu 7th Jan 2010 12:59

Andrew, that lengh of time lay off could mean that your swing was not what it used to be. Unless your new clubs have extremely whippy shafts and you're trying to leather it, it would seem that you need some pro advice.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top