Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

HEEELLLLLP

Posted by: user257669 | Mon 4th Jan 2010 16:21 | Last Reply

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I am almost postive that I am being a thicko, but I have just upgraded to premium so that I can get a handicap card as i am going to America in two weeks to play.

I have not had a handicap before, and was transferred to paypal, where i was relieved of £14.95, but then rediredted to the site. No info was take about how to calculate my handicap, no online view at what it might be?

Am I missing something here.?

Thanks, from very frustrated and confused Chris in Durham.

re: HEEELLLLLP
user52922
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 16:33

This site is very clever with some of the things it can do, Chris, but it has to have information to do this.

I notice that you have not entered any cards to even be allocated a handicap so how can you honestly expect the software to print out a card for you.

You have three weeks to submit at least three scores and then a request to Darren for the plastic handicap certificate.

user257669
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 16:50

Hi John/Paul,

Thanks very much. I have the cards ready to upload, but that is where I am struggling.

I will have another crack at trying to upload. I may well be back for more advice, but thank you both.

Chris.

user78137
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 17:05

hi all you need to do is add the courses you have played to your favourites.  then when you click add round it will bring up the distances and tees etc.  just pick the one that matches your round and then fill in hole by hole the scores you got.  once you have done this submit and there you go.  you can also, like i do go into the anylize game & go into depth about how you played, i.e how many putts, if you hit fairways & greens.  it will then give you an indication of how you may improve your game! hope this helps.

david preston

the crown golf society

user257669
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 17:06

hahahaha, Ive done it, and now I have red face!

Believe it or not I work in computers as well!! Oh dear!

My last and probably equally as stupid question is, when i was asked for a buddy to verify, I chose golfshake. Is this right?

Thanks again 

user52922
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 18:39

Chris, it is pointlless having a round verified by any other person than those you were playing with.

user257669
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 18:46

Hi John,

Thy did very and sign the cards, but are not members of this site as they already have official handicaps and are members of clubs.

I think I need them to join and do me a favour! Thanks for your help

user52922
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 18:52

No problem, Chris, there is always help on this forum. Have a nice time in the States, I am jealous.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 5th Jan 2010 10:42

Chris, your account all looks fine.  The rounds are showing and we will be sending out the card request in the next 24 hours.

In terms of authenticating the round you can only do for your actual playing partners who would obviously need to be members of this site.  This facility is really to provide additional validation to your rounds and handicap but as you would appreciate being online is still open to abuse so not something we push heavily. Therefore you do have to do this and can just skip this step.

Thanks for the feedback, just working on some site updates so will take into account this and aim to improve for all.

Regards, Darren.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 7th Jan 2010 13:01

Chris, off the back of this I've done some testing of processes and usability and implemented a number of fixes. Notably:

• Option to get round authenticate is turned off by default now
  • Fixed error that made every round be authenticated regardless if you said to or not, you could skip this step though
  • Delete your pending authentication requests
  • When adding a round as well as using tab to move to next score field you can use the up and down arrows to speed up input
  • Rounds can not be added with future date
  • Some formating/style errors have also been fixed
  • The score tracker navigations gone through some intitial tweaks, more to come
More information here - http://www.golfshake.com/user/blog/17944/1891/Updates_Jan_07_2010_Score_Tracker_Forums.html
Regards, Darren.

Last edit : Thu 7th Jan 2010 14:20

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top