Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Highlight & Lowlight of 2009

Posted by: user243326 | Thu 31st Dec 2009 15:57 | Last Reply

As I sign off 2009, I just thought I would post both my highlight and lowlight of my golfing year.

Highlight was playing in a big society day and having one of those golden days when I could do no wrong and scored 40 points. My handicap was 19 (I arrived on golfshake after that day and my golf has declined since - hence my 26 as I don't keep old cards!) and I felt on top of the wrold as I got back to the clubhouse.

Lowlight of the year was finding out that I was beaten into second place by a score of 46 points from a guest player who gave his handicap as 14 because he had a bad back and had not played for a year when he was a 9.

To hear the silence when he collected his prize was a little bit of a consolation.

MY other lowlight was putting dreadfully and missing out on another win by two points when I came in with 35 and had i just sunk three putts - which in a friendly game would have been a gimme...yes they were THAT close, I would have won easily.

My tee to green this year has been like a 10 handicapper, my putting like my 3 year old playing crazy golf on holiday.

Roll on March and I will do it all again!

re: My Highlight & Lowlight of 2009
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 4th Jan 2010 11:37

Well done Danny playing to your true game, shame about the low light.  Seems to be a problem for all. 

Great reason to encourage non club golfers to use a free online golf handicap service like golfshake.com

re: My Highlight & Lowlight of 2009
user129665
Reply : Fri 22nd Jan 2010 16:06

plenty of handicap cheats about, personally if id been there and new he was a 9 capper he would have won jack all 

collecting prizes with an extra 5 shots to play with joke

my highlight finishing 2nd in the club champs but wining the net prize sadly im retiring march 31st 2010 from my club so no chance of wining this year

have a good one in 2010  

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top