Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why is this game so great ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 13th Dec 2009 21:39 | Last Reply

Just done a blog post after a recent matchplay game at the 2010 North vs South venue -

http://www.golfshake.com/user/blog/1/1854/Why_is_this_game_so_great.html

Is it the game or matchplay format ? The North vs South will enter it's 4th year next year and it's been a huge success and seeing the other matchplay events being organised by societies it certainly is becoming an infectious format and something different to the usual friendly walk round the course or stableford format.

And for those who have refrained from the banter of my missed 4 footer, Tim alluded to his 17th missed putt here's a shottrack image - http://www.golfshake.com/media/image/9498/

For those looking for some North vs South inside information, the conditions weren't great with pretty wet and cold conditions but I can say the Abbey certainly stacked up as a great matchplay venue.  I'm sure some of the battles will come down to the final holes and the 9th and 18th will certainly present 2 challenging final holes (I blobbed both).

re: Why is this game so great ?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 14th Dec 2009 07:50

Hey bunker shots were fine on Friday, well good enough for me which is getting out in one

re: Why is this game so great ?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 14th Dec 2009 11:01

Depends what the freebie is, never one to turn down something for free, once I've checked what it is and if any strings attached

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top