Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter and Wedges

Posted by: user50354 | Mon 7th Dec 2009 12:32 | Last Reply

I have noticed over the years I have played golf that when the wet fairways of winter come my wedge play becomes silly...

I think it is down to the sodden fairway state that makes it a struggle - big soggy divot in many pieces splattering the air - can't [possibly be me can it....

So, the question is, what do you do - leave them at home or suck and see or do you have a winter technique to share....

re: Winter and Wedges
user77012
Reply : Mon 7th Dec 2009 12:38

I use my Pw/9i more Robbie unless i have a very good lie.

user99350
Reply : Mon 7th Dec 2009 13:48

Robbie, there's no doubt about it, it's far more difficult as you have to strike cleanly and you have less margin for error. Of course it is easier if you lower the loft but even then you wont be immune from this debilitating disease and the more duff shots you do the more your confidence will drop. The way I deal with it is to concentrate on being 'more still' than usual. Focus on keeping your head still and see how it goes from there.

user50354
Reply : Tue 8th Dec 2009 08:37

Cheers guy's sound advice........

Welcome Paul its crazy here I love it.......

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top